It's Official: The 1st Annual Charity Poker Run - May 6th, 2006

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Charity Poker Run - May 6th, 2006 in New Jersey

Steve she can't wait to ride with you either so you can show her how it's really done. I am laughing my a$$ off we NY/CT CLUB are some sick _u_k_ ***

Reaction score

As for the prizes. First place will be getting a trophy as well as a prize of monetary value. Second and third will be getting trophies as well. The first place prize is not going to be announced until the day of the event. Got to have at least one secret on this event besides the route. :D
Keith, I've been watching the progress of your poker run. I've got to say, and I'm sorry, but :eek: who the hell wants a trophy for best hand. I know you said there would be some sort of prizes????? do you have sponsors for this thing??EVERY poker run I've EVER been on had an entry fee. The fee covered 1st-2nd-3rd prize. If there was and usually is, a party at the end, thats when the envelopes are opened to see everyones hand. I'm assuming your putting cards in envelopes. If they have been opened before the "committee"for a better word, opens them, they are disqualified. I know this sounds silly, but have you ever seen a trophy given out on TV. POKER IS CASH :nana: :nana: Everyone puts in $50-$100-$200 what ever, to make it INTERESTING. More if there is a nice barbecue when it's over. Instead of starting at your place, how about ending at you place, little B-Q, and the excitment of opening the cards. You don't have to have booze, that would hurt my heart. Yo Tony could hold the cash. D can take vidio. If your all dialed-in for your way----you have to do it in CASH next year-------all though you do have time to change it. Steve and I have been on Miami to Key West Poker Runs in our boats-----big bucks $5000. 1st place. :2tu: What do you guys think???? And I don't mean the $5000. Also, my opinion, and only my opinion, I don't think the RUN should be called a CHARITY RUN. Because the guys might have their own charities that they give to and will fell obliagated to bring you a check for your charity. Hope you still love me....TED

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

id be in for some cash. not a lot but id be in for $100.

good idea ted.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quarter:

This is the first test to see if this works. If this works then it will become an annual event. There are no sponsors for this event so I am paying for everything out of my pocket. Scott said that this event is "unofficial" so I am not allowed to ask for sponsors. Did not quite understand it but this still got a great turnout. There are first, second, and third place trophies, as well as prizes. Do not expect $50 or $100 bills; afterall I am only one person, but there will be prizes and they WILL NOT be disclosed until the event.

If this event works out, then we will have another one next year and/or at the end of this season that will have nice prizes and a MUCH more in-depth route. Ideas are already flowing :D . This is going to be a great run. Just think of it as a normal run with lunch but with a more in-depth plan.

Reaction score

Keith!!!!Why the hell are you using you money!!!!! That's why there should be a fee. You don't think people will come if there's a $50 to $200 entry. Plum jumped in 15 minutes I posted for a $100. You will be surprised. Also, it doesn't have to be a Viper funtion to try and get sponsors. A restaurant could give a meal in hopes that the person would go to forum and say how good it was. One meal, hundreds of dollars-free ink. If you'd like to talk sponsors one day, I'll discuse it with you. After your RUN ask the guys.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did not want a fee for the first one because I wanted people to see what it is like for the first time. I feel that a fee for the first event would have definitely made a huge difference in attendance since no one knows what to expect. I have no problem talking to sponsors, but this one did not really need it. This event is a nice size but not a huge as the future ones will be.

As for the sponsors in mind, there are several. I have a restaurant in mind as well as many shops and VCA supporters. I think you are looking into this too much as this is the preliminary one.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In light of this recent request that many seem to agree on, PM's have been sent to all people on the RSVP list. $25 or $50 or $0 as an entry fee? Let me know what you think. Keep in mind, the more the entry fee, the more the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes are.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry guys, I'm out. I will be in San Francisco. :-(

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great response from all the members. Seems like it was evenly split.

<font color="red">THE ENTRY FEE IS SET AT $25.00 PER CAR</font>

Half of the total proceeds will go to Make A Wish Foundation and the other half to be split up among 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry guys, I'm out. I will be in San Francisco. :-(

1. F355 - RT/10
2. BOGOTA - GTS
3. ACR STEVE - GTS ACR or Porsche Turbo
4. 06 VIPER - SRT-10
5. 1KoolAsp-'00-GTS Blk/Slvr - GTS
6. *** BLK - GTS or RT/10
7. Les - GTS
8. Pythonpete - SRT-10 Coupe
9. Dimitrios - RT/10
10. UVBINBIT - RT/10
11. Niptuck - C5 Vette
12. Plumcrazy - GTS
13. V10 Mafia - RT/10
14. BlueGTS - GTS
15. Dr. john (wax doctor) - GTS
16. Noble Ken - RT/10 or Noble
17. Brian G. - RT/10
18. Elias - EVO VII

TOTAL: 18

Reaction score

Great response from all the members. Seems like it was evenly split.

<font color="red">THE ENTRY FEE IS SET AT $25.00 PER CAR</font>

Half of the total proceeds will go to Make A Wish Foundation and the other half to be split up among 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.
OK I'm asking. Your saying,"everyone voted $25s". The vote was for the PRIZE MONEY. 18 cars----$450. I see it and I'm sure everyone will also------$300. 1st. $100. 2nd. $50. 3rd. What happened to your post dated 4/04/06: "but I would kindly ASK for donations towards Make A Wish." Your taking the prize money for your fondation. What happened to ASK!! Can't believe it. OK guys----what do you think about this!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i think its great. as long as its for a make a wish its all good.

good job keith. see ya then

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whatever the cost is I'm in. I just want to hang out with the FAMILY the prize money want change my life and would have like to see MAKE A WISH get all the money this time. This is a trial event then next time or even later charge more and keep the money for the winners but this is KEITH'S event and he make the decisions...Adrian

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK I'm asking. Your saying,"everyone voted $25s". The vote was for the PRIZE MONEY. 18 cars----$450. I see it and I'm sure everyone will also------$300. 1st. $100. 2nd. $50. 3rd. What happened to your post dated 4/04/06: "but I would kindly ASK for donations towards Make A Wish." Your taking the prize money for your fondation. What happened to ASK!! Can't believe it. OK guys----what do you think about this!

Quarter:

I am sorry but the prize money is half to the charity and half to the winners for first, second, and third. I do not understand how you can be so negative. THIS IS A CHARITY RUN!!!! I am giving the money to a good organization which the VIPER CLUB has helped for MANY MANY YEARS! How can you complain so much and not even be on the RSVP List?? Plain and simple, if you do not like it then just do not come.

-------

i think its great. as long as its for a make a wish its all good.

good job keith. see ya then

Plum and Adrian, thank you very much!!! I appricate it.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith something to think about and then you make the final decision. Charge EVERYONE $50 AND $25 of that goes toward MAKE A WISH and the other will be split up like this if all 18 attend..(1)300...(2)100...(3)50. They can write a check for 25 towards make a wish and 25 cash towards the run. This way EVERYONE is happy and know one can complain about 50...Keith you have final say and that should be the end of this and focus on your event...Adrian

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith something to think about and then you make the final decision. Charge EVERYONE $50 AND $25 of that goes toward MAKE A WISH and the other will be split up like this if all 18 attend..(1)300...(2)100...(3)50. They can write a check for 25 towards make a wish and 25 cash towards the run. This way EVERYONE is happy and know one can complain about 50...Keith you have final say and that should be the end of this and focus on your event...Adrian

Adrian, I appriciate your input but it has already been stated at $25 so we are going to leave it since everyone seems to be happy about it.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No problem Keith $25 it is. Thanks again for working really ******* this event...Adrian

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Revised List:

1. F355 - RT/10
2. BOGOTA - GTS
4. 06 VIPER - SRT-10
7. Les - GTS
9. Dimitrios - RT/10
10. UVBINBIT - RT/10
11. Niptuck - C5 Vette
12. Plumcrazy - GTS
13. V10 Mafia - RT/10
14. BlueGTS - GTS
17. Brian G. - RT/10
18. Elias - EVO IX
19. Turbo50Mike - RT/10
20. Turbo50Mike's Friend - Saleen Mustang

TOTAL: 20

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GOOD JOB KIETH!!! I vote for a group hug for Kieth! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Revised List:

1. F355 - RT/10
2. BOGOTA - GTS
4. 06 VIPER - SRT-10
7. Les - GTS
9. Dimitrios - RT/10
10. UVBINBIT - RT/10
11. Niptuck - C5 Vette
12. Plumcrazy - GTS
13. V10 Mafia - RT/10
14. BlueGTS - GTS
17. Brian G. - RT/10
18. Elias - EVO IX
19. Turbo50Mike - RT/10
20. Turbo50Mike's Friend - Saleen Mustang
21, JERZ Graphics - Porsche 944

TOTAL: 21

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GOOD JOB KIETH!!! I vote for a group hug for Kieth! :2tu:
I new Keith can and will pull this event off. Have to stay POSTIVE with my BROTHERS. :D Adrian

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I did not realize this thread kept going. What is up with this Quarter Turn guy? :bonker: If you want to gamble go to AC. :rolleyes: This is a fun run put on by Keith to get people together. It is not a way to make money for the winner. I for one would rather have a trophy versus the $300.

Thanks Keith for putting this together, I think some people are missing the point. Just because the word Poker is in the title this is not about $$.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aaron can I have both :nana: trophy and money :D See you later my friend and hope all is well...Adrian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery