I've been VIOLATED!!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'ve been VIOLATED!!

My Viper was keyed last night outside a club in the Hamptons. I was parked in a very visible area, right in the front. Some #$$#@#!! piece of $hit keyed me twice on the drivers side quarter panel. Two long, fairly deep scratches...grrrrr!! I feel just sick about it. Just needed to vent, and I knew this was the place to do it.
Laura

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve been VIOLATED!!

Sorry to hear it...

Just remember this, those a**holes will never, NEVER, own anything even close to the beauty you drive. Plus, I saw those guys. They got into their 1976 Chevy Vega (rusty) and drove away only to be rear ended by a 1972 Pontiac, and their car burst into flames. (ok, so I didnt see them, but just imagine that really did happen as punishment for what they did)

The world needs a**holes so we can remember just how **** good we are.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i pray it never happens to me.. but what can you do.. some people are just extremely jealous A-holes!!!
i am so sorry to hear what happened to you...
what happens now repaint the whole car?
will your insurance cover the repaint?

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bummer!! Get it fixed right away so your grief shortened.. They should easily be able to match paint the panel... There's alot of **** that hangs out in those clubs.. Good luck!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about that Laura, that's horrible! I hope it can be easily repaired...

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ugh - Laura, so sorry to hear that! The good news is any competent bodyshop can repair the door to the extent that you'll never be able to tell it happened. A friend of mine crashed my red M3 into a guard rail back in early July, and when we got it back at the end of July I literally couldn't tell the car had been repaired (and I'm reeealy picky) except that all the rock chips in the hood were gone! Your baby will soon be as good as new.

obPS: remember, the really important things in life are friends and family, not cars. You can always repair or replace a car...

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your car. It's that sort of thing that just makes me shake my head at this wonderful world we live in.

Note to self: don't leave the Viper unattended in a public place. Oh that's right, I don't do that anyway!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Laura,

Your post sent chills down the spines of all of us in the Viper Nation! The first reaction is major sympathy for you and your Viper and the second is "Thank God it wasn't my car"! The previous posts are correct...it <u>will</u>be as good as new! Keep a good thought and remember that most people are good and appreciate what you have but there are a very few sad cases out there to remind us how thankful we are to be who we are! The final victory is yours!!! You have the rare pleasure and privilege to own one of the finest cars ever built and those ***** idiots will never even be able to ride in one, much less ever have the joy of ownership. Keep us informed as to how it all comes out! Best of luck to you Laura!

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Laura,

I just dropped $400+ to get my Saleen repainted (a long key scratch from bumper to bumper). I always fear someone will key my 00 GTS too.

I'm still looking for little video cameras that can operate in the car w/o killing the battery. I believe there is a real need for video security here in ViperNation.

These x10 cameras look compact enough -- just don't know about power drain.

As for the 01 Saleen, it looks brand spanking new.

So sorry for your experience. It definitely makes one angry.

Steve

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about that.

If it makes you feel better I was walking in Paris and came across a 550 Maranello that had a key scratch (down to the metal) on every panel on the car...

Roy

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Laura -

I definitely feel terrible for you, but also know that you will handle this as well as anybody here possibly could. As it is rather obvious that you are very kind-hearted and optimistic, allow me this short story:

Yesterday I gassed up my GTS on the way back from a road trip and found to my dismay that this was the very first Amoco pump handle that actually touched the quarter panel when filling. Left a nice dimple in the paint from the rivet on the handle (never doing THAT again!). Then, when I got home I noticed a bug splat the size of a baseball on the front and decided to tackle it in the morning. Big mistake. I almost wonder if it was an egg, as it was very hard to get off and the paint underneath looks "blistered" everywhere it touched. No amount of Zaino or 3M would help. I was ticked off for a second and then realized what you probably have: It's over, there is nothing you can do about it, and raising your stress level only shortens your life span. I still have the incredible good fortune to own an outrageous street machine - blisters and all.

In your case, you should have insurance to help you out or just a good bodyshop that will make things right. Your kindness at the toll booths will come back to you in spades, just as the spite with the key scratchers will come back to them. Chances are pretty darn good that they were already miserable to begin with. Don't let your happiness suffer too long based on their ignorance. Shake your head, shed a tear of frustration, and move on. You are a better person and we ALL know it. As somebody mentioned above - it is indeed just a car and can be repaired. Be glad you weren't with it at the time or it could possibly have been much worse. Keep us posted on the new paint!

Chris

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was obviously some clowns from the mini pr department...

Maybe a machine gun could be attached to the minicam...

You must be registered for see images

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Argggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I feel your pain. Luckily I have never had anyone vandalize my Viper. I usually never leave it unattended in a public place, but there are sometimes you have to. I valet park whenever I can and park it myself. I hate to say it, but being a woman and owning a Viper probably makes you more of a target for vandalism. Most crimes are committed by men and if some jealous A Hole guy sees a woman driving a car like a Viper he might feel pretty inadequate that you, being a woman, make more money than him and decide to take it out on your car. Unfortunately, I see jealousy everytime I drive my Viper. It's a sad world we live in sometimes. I say we hunt down the SOB who keyed your car and string them up. Maybe you should try leaving one of those signs in your car window from now on that says "This Car Protected by Smith & Wesson".

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am so sorry to hear about this Laura. You certainly don't deserve that. But, the guys are right, a good bodyman will make it all better. I am always nervous about leaving the Viper at some places, and maybe that's why it only has 2800 miles on it in a year. At least you are out enjoying your Viper...and having some fun with it. When I was in High School, working at the mall, my '69 Barracuda had the door pushed in. I was the only guy in our school with a Mopar, and the car was pretty nice, so I know how you feel. I went home, pulled the door panel, and the dent pushed out leaving no evidence of it ever happening. But still, what kind of no-life **** gets off on doing that? Again Laura, so sorry.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Laura,
Sorry to hear about it..

I guess loosers live everywhere.. dont fret about it.. IMHO..
biggrin.gif

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Feng Shui, Feng Shui, Feng Shui.....

I believe there is a Catch 22 regarding keying....

If you put your car in a conspicuous spot (bad Feng Shui), it will be noticed by the deranged.

This is especially if you take up 2 parking spots.

If you park your car amongst the others - although you may get door dings, you will not get the attention of the mutilators.

Also, you can make something positive out of this occurance - have you ever thought about some kind of custom paint scheme? Even if you repaint your car, it will be worth less - so maybe a paint scheme may be in order....

PS. This reminds me of speakers in pawn shops. There is this "thing" where people simply have to push in the cone's dust cover.... It's almost anal.....

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Laura,

Sorry to hear about your car. It is a fear we all live with. Being a Texas boy I can only think of one solution to your problem. Get the car fixed, return and park it at the same spot and wait on a near-by building with a high powered rifle.

Ken

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Laura,Try to turn your - to +,when paintwork gets done have the shop throw in any rock chip repairs or scratches that have been killing ya.There's usually some $$$ to work with being a high dollar deal.If their caught you have my support for the death penalty
dead.gif

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why do bad things happen to good people? Who knows? But bad things happen to bad people too, it's just that they deserve them! So, so sorry that you had this experience. I agree with those that have already pointed out that this **** will reap his own reward, somehow, somewhere. Let us know if we can help in anyway.
crying.gif

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by y2kviperRT10:
Man that is terrible, I never park the Viper where I can't see it. I have caught people messing with my truck and they think they are pretty funny till I walk out and get ahold of them. 6'5" and 300lbs they do respect my grip. I actually made a guy who spit on my truck give me $10 to go wash it. What is wrong with people?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh!! finally, you are the one, you are the answer to my problems!!!
I need YOU to be standing by my car when I am not in it
laugh.gif

Thanks for all of the "understanding" in your responses, it certainly makes me feel better.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that Laura...
I wish that if I find anyone keying my car, I would react like this.....
I would approach them like a friend and suggest to key it in another area and then beat the holy hell out of him/her.
Just what I would do...

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Motor City Mad Man:
.... I hate to say it, but being a woman and owning a Viper probably makes you more of a target for vandalism. Most crimes are committed by men and if some jealous A Hole guy sees a woman driving a car like a Viper he might feel pretty inadequate that you, being a woman, make more money than him and decide to take it out on your car.... I say we hunt down the SOB who keyed your car and string them up. Maybe you should try leaving one of those signs in your car window from now on that says "This Car Protected by Smith & Wesson".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All so very true! I like the idea of the hunt!!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i hate to think what i would do if i caught someone doing that to the car...
do you :

A.) kick his a$$?
B.) get arrested for assault?
C.) call the cops?
D.) all of the above

i am curious what do you do if you catch someone messing hurting
the car? i know first idea kick there A$$
but is it worth an assault charge?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Laura, I'm so angry just reading your post, I can't begin to imagine how you feel. Black is a very beautiful color for a Viper, but does show up all the marks, without some nasty person keying it.

I myself just can't understand jealousy and greed. If some ones caught stealing food because they are hungry and have no money to buy any, then at least there is a reason for their wrong actions. But to key the worlds most wonderful car...it worries me what I would do, should it (God forbid) ever happen to me. I'm an easygoing, placid person, but I know I'd blow a fuse big time; I think I'd cut their hands off, or key them with a red hot poker.

I hope it never happens again to any of us.

pissed.gif
crying.gif
pissed.gif

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Laura, like everyone, I feel for ya. I thought I had it bad when my radar detector was stolen right off my windshield but at least they didn't damage the car doing that. I was beside myself with anger...in fact I still am now that I think about it again! I can honestly tell you if I had come out into the parking lot when someone was keying my car I would have seen red, snapped, killed the guy and then called the cops and politely gone to jail. It would be better than living with the frustration of always wondering whether the next punk you see on the street is the one that did it!

Yeah, I guess I'm a little psycho but normally I'm actually quite a nice guy. But if I ever caught someone damaging my car on purpose just for the sake of doing damage I doubt whether I could be restrained.

I'm planning on making a X10 camera system that monitors the car and records whenever there is motion around it. I'm going to catch the next SOB that comes near my car! I'll let everyone know how to do it once I've got time to do it.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's terrible!
I took my car to Greenport along the North shore last weekend and felt I had to watch it every minute.
It's such a shame that we have to consider things like vandalism and jealousy. It seems to me that you should be able to enjoy the benefits of your hard work without worrying!!
If you don't already have one...an excellent auto body shop is Newbridge Auto in Bellmore, Long Island.
Good Luck Laura.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire