J&R Cigar, Whippany, NJ RT10

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by mmcc269, May 5, 2013.

1. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

Hey Northern Jersey... I live in East Hanover and while out for a ride today saw the signs out for J&R cigars 1st Luxury Car night May 10, 6-10pm - check out there web site for info...

I'm thinking for those interested we meet up at the Dicks Sporting Goods on RT 10 in East Hanover at 5:30pm and car pool as many vipers over to JRs for the 6pm start?

I've not meet anyone yet but figure this is a good ice breaker....

2. mgeorge

mgeorge Viper Owner

Mmcc269, I'd be up for that, I'm in Caldwell. Lets touch base later this week.

3. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

I did this one a couple of years ago... Pretty tight on parking spots... Friday looks like the bright spot in a streak of rainy days right now so I'll try to make it there. You missed a good mini cruise to the C&C Saturday. One of our local viper guys shocked us by just showing up in a Murcielago that he purchased just two days prior... 2 of our other local Viper guys brought a Gallardo and FGT and one other cancelled last minute and even still we had had 5 Vipers there. Look forward to meeting up with you as we are building some numbers in northern NJ.

4. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

Yes... Friday weather 72 and clear - after a few days of some much needed rain - and pollen cleansing.

Will keep in-touch during the week. Parking always limited - if we plan on being to JR by 6PM we should be guaranteed space.

5. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

I think Boonton Walmart is up and running on Friday nights again too... They got some huge turnouts last year... It's shaping up to be another good year. I think I saw you on route 10 in Whippany last weekend. They have a new launch edition Gen V at Nielsen right in your neighborhood if you haven't already seen it.

6. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

Yes... I was out for a short ride - just fitted new RT hi-flow cats and magnaflow mufflers - needed to hear the sound - otherwise car is bone stock - I was able to take off the stock muffler setup in one piece to the manifold and store - I picked up a pair of stock turnouts from a damaged RT... sounds great!

Im in for a Boonton run this season... Yes - going tomorrow to Nielsen to see it.

7. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

Friday weather looks good (mid 70s)... I'll be at the Dicks Sporting Goods lot at 5:30pm - heading to JR Cigar 5:45 - lot could fill fast. Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

8. mgeorge

mgeorge Viper Owner

I'll meet you at 5:30...anyone else joining us?

9. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

that makes 2 of us... would be nice to represent viper with a strong showing - Im sure with the weather as nice as expected there will be a good showing of exotics. Hope to see more snakes join the numbers.

10. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

I should be able to make it.

11. mgeorge

mgeorge Viper Owner

Good stuff! Now we're talkin.... Paging intense 5.5

12. intense5.5

intense5.5 Viper Owner

I'm in. Already told work I'm leaving early. I'll bring the car and a change of clothes to work with me as long as the roads are ok in the am. Mike, want to meet me about 5:15 on your way through? You'll pass right by me if you go 46 to new rd. Give me a call.

13. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

I live off Rt 10 in Eash Hanover, so ill drive right to Dicks and see you guys in the lot at 5:30. Look forward to meet you guys.

14. intense5.5

intense5.5 Viper Owner

We're lots of fun.

15. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

Weather check Friday ... 8pm 30% Isolated Thunder Storms... Otherwise 75 degrees

16. intense5.5

intense5.5 Viper Owner

If anything changes and we get rained out you guys are invited to my house to shoot pool/drink beer.:beer:.

17. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

That's a nice offer... Let's play it by ear.

18. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

Turned out to be a great night and we even got a little cruise in... I took some phone pics... New guy mmcc269 has one of the cleanest straightest like new Gen1's I've seen...:2tu:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. mmcc269

mmcc269 Enthusiast

I enjoyed meeting you guys and look forward to some great weather gatherings.... The photos look assume - got the car home put it up and did a complete wipe down.