Jacking and Jack Standing a SRT-10

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where do you jack up your Viper SRT-10 and where do you set the jack stands?

OP
OP
S

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, is it that no one changes their own oil or does everyone who does so uses ramps?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry...missed this thread. Look for the small little triangilar "tabs" that stick down near the front and rear of the sidesills just inboard of the actual sidesill...about the same location as of previous generations of Vipers, but with a different design of the weight bearing points (NOT the flat oval with the little prong that we saw on Gen I's and II's). The front triangular tab (2" long) is just aft of the front wheelwell splash guard ...and the rear triangular tab (3" long) is about 8" in front of the exhaust pipe hanger.

BEWARE...DO NOT take a quick glance under here and mistakingly put the jack under that rear exhaust hanger or BAD things will follow (actually, one must watch out for this on the prior 2 generations as well...and YES, I HAVE SEEN this mistake happen).

Actually, I have changed the oil 3 times on our SRT-10...but I used the 4 post lift. To place jack stands, I would select proper frame locations (for weight bearing and balance) and proceed carefully.

Others may offer better insights as I spend most of MY time working on our Gen I's and II's.