Jacksonville Dodge, and "Bam Bam" the viper tech....STAY AWAY!!!

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacksonville Dodge, and \"Bam Bam\" the viper tech....STAY AWAY!!!

First the cliffnotes, then if you are in the jacksonville area you may want to read.
Cliffnotes-

BAM BAM THE TECH, ROB DELVECCIO THE SERVICE MAN, AND THE PORKY MANAGER ARE THE BIGGEST PEICES OF LYING, IGNORANT, AND UNETHICAL **** THAT I HAVE DEALT WITH. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THIS DEALERSHIP AGAIN, NOR WOULD I LET MY FRIENDS.

"I think we should replace the thermostat, and the AC will blow cold agian, it doesn't need freon. If it doesn't fix it we can try something else"- Bam Bam

brought car into service for AC problem, clutch problem(again), leaking gas tank and other minor things. Rob and Bam Bam both claimed the ac was working fine, and the clutch was fine, though the ac ALWAYS blew hot, and after sitting a few hours the clutch pedal lost pressure, and would have to be pumped up.After arguing over the phone demanding to atleast LOOK at the slave cylinder they did and accordingly finally fixed it. The gas tank had to be replaced, first one I've heard of(prolly filler, but they wanted the extra labor) Now the main concern was the AC. BB told me to my face that he checked it charge/pressure was fine and it blows ice cold. It didn't, and on the day I come to pick it up he tells me he finally sees what Im talking about, the car runs a "lil hot" and the AC blows warm. We agreed I would bring it back. I take it back a few weeks later, and then the diagnosis is that the THERMOSTAT WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED FOR THE AC TO WORK!Does it need freon?NO. Could it be anything else?"This is my profession, I do cars" is what the answer is from Bam Bam and the manager. And being out of warranty, they will do it for $1100.(the car was at the end of its warranty when i originally brought it in.)- After a couple weeks I finally decided to buy a recharge kit for $20, and now it blows ice cold!All he had to do was charge the AC originally, and be honest. BUT HE WOULD RATHER BE A SLEEZEBAG and try to make a quick buck, than earn a relationship with a customer/s. Between him and the service guy ROB they are the biggest pieces of **** at any dealership.(the two are a team). And the FAT ASS manager is a lying ccksucker as well.

Who could I write a letter to, or what can I do in this case? Is it worthless to try?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Jacksonville Dodge, and

Good help is hard to find. I'm sure they're ******, but they will just claim stupidity. Unfortunately, stupidity isn't a crime, so I'm not sure there's much you can do. Viper tax *****! :mad:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear anyone had to experience all of that, especially a blue & silver owner. I doubt DC would care, the dealership owner may care, it's worth a try. You need to stay very professional, and recite very specific details including dates. The more documentation you have the more serious you will be taken.

I knew what was wrong with your car just from reading the symptoms, and I'm not an ASE or Viper tech, sounds like a gouging ambush is what they had planned for sure. Maybe the service manager has a Z06 payment to make, and you were going to make it for him.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

replace gas tank? That's a good one...the gas tank is one one solid piece of plastic...about 1/8 inch thick walls. I would suspect...like you said..leaking hoses.

What a bunch of con artist. That is why I do my own stuff.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with this so called dealer. Really upsets me to hear storys like yours. Imagine what they must tell some women who do not understand the mechanics of a car. Sounds like a rip off place. Stay clear!

Write a letter to the owner of the place and send a copy to DC. It has a little more impact vs. a phone call.

Dave

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In most states, if you bring a car in originally under warranty and it is not fixed properly until after the warranty is up, you are covered by law. I'd check into this. Now.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I responded to a post of yours a couple of months ago, where I actually DEFENDED Jax Dodge. Times have changed. I have now completely changed my opinion. Here is why...

1) I got my clutch done there. They did a good job, and it worked great. This is why I defended them.

2) I had a problem with my Viper (the aftermarket company) alarm. I had the car towed there. Bam Bam said he could fix it. Well, long story short, I got the car back but with no alarm whatsoever. I told them (Bam Bam and that [******] Rob) that I wanted it restored back to the factory Dodge alarm. They just returned my car with no alarm. Now, since at the time only my Viper was working (had problems with my truck), I had to take it. It was driveable, just not lockable. Well, about a week later, I was down in south Florida, and the same problem happened where I couldn't start the car. I had the car towed to Charlie's Dodge of Fort Pierce. They did a fantastic job there and finished what Jax Dodge didn't. Sure enough, I got my car back and the alarm worked as it should, and I could lock the car. I told Rob this, and he just didn't care. He didn't offer any sort of rebate or anything. I spent $800 at Jax Dodge to fix my alarm, and all they did was just totally remove it. I could have done that myself. Then I had to pay like $200 at Charlie's Dodge. In comparison, they did more work for $200 than Jax Dodge did for $800. So screw them.

Also, I am mad because I asked that receptionist out, and she never called me after our date...hehe

About Roe...that's out in Green Cove Springs. It's not close to Bigot Bledsoe and I. That's at least a 45 minute drive, while Jax Dodge is less than 10 minutes away from both of us.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Forgot two more things....
1) Both times when I got the car back from Jax Dodge, it was dirty, inside and out. When I got it back from Charlie's, it was the same as when I dropped it off.

2) Jax Dodge disabled my built-in Valentine One. I have yet to get that fixed, but when I do, it ain't gonna be goin' to Jax Dodge.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bledsoe & Anaconda: Jacksonville Dodge sounds like a real hatchet shop. Makes everyone wish they had a Tator's nearby. Glad to hear that Charlie's is a legitimate haven of rest for your V10s.

Have your regional president call the owner or service manager at Charlie's thanking him for the actual help and relay the nightmare story(s) at Jacksonville Dodge, and he will probably out of courtesy offer your club a discount or some special consideration(s). Making new alliances is almost always a good thing.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thank the Viper gods every day that I am close emough to have my car worked on at Tators Dodge by the Wiz. We are very fortunate here in the northeast.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bledsoe & Anaconda: Jacksonville Dodge sounds like a real hatchet shop. Makes everyone wish they had a Tator's nearby. Glad to hear that Charlie's is a legitimate haven of rest for your V10s.

Have your regional president call the owner or service manager at Charlie's thanking him for the actual help and relay the nightmare story(s) at Jacksonville Dodge, and he will probably out of courtesy offer your club a discount or some special consideration(s). Making new alliances is almost always a good thing.

I don't belong to any club.

By the way, Charlie's Dodge has....TWO....Viper Techs working there. Now, the only problem is that Fort Pierce is like 200+ miles south of here. More like 225 miles.

OP
OP
B

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I responded to a post of yours a couple of months ago, where I actually DEFENDED Jax Dodge. Times have changed. I have now completely changed my opinion. Here is why...

1) I got my clutch done there. They did a good job, and it worked great. This is why I defended them.

2) I had a problem with my Viper (the aftermarket company) alarm. I had the car towed there. Bam Bam said he could fix it. Well, long story short, I got the car back but with no alarm whatsoever. I told them (Bam Bam and that [******] Rob) that I wanted it restored back to the factory Dodge alarm. They just returned my car with no alarm. Now, since at the time only my Viper was working (had problems with my truck), I had to take it. It was driveable, just not lockable. Well, about a week later, I was down in south Florida, and the same problem happened where I couldn't start the car. I had the car towed to Charlie's Dodge of Fort Pierce. They did a fantastic job there and finished what Jax Dodge didn't. Sure enough, I got my car back and the alarm worked as it should, and I could lock the car. I told Rob this, and he just didn't care. He didn't offer any sort of rebate or anything. I spent $800 at Jax Dodge to fix my alarm, and all they did was just totally remove it. I could have done that myself. Then I had to pay like $200 at Charlie's Dodge. In comparison, they did more work for $200 than Jax Dodge did for $800. So screw them.

Also, I am mad because I asked that receptionist out, and she never called me after our date...hehe

About Roe...that's out in Green Cove Springs. It's not close to Bigot Bledsoe and I. That's at least a 45 minute drive, while Jax Dodge is less than 10 minutes away from both of us.

At one time I praised them for the work they did on my 97's AC; and being right around the corner I was happy that I was minutes away from a decent dealership...but like you said, they have went to [******]. The young guy with the green RT10 was in there for a check engine light at the time I was.....I feel bad for him.

OP
OP
B

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

in Jacksonville why not go to Roe?

I was under warranty at the time, and thought since I was bringing it in the for the same thing the second time it would still be covered. They didnt do any work on the AC, and didnt see any problem with it. So now the ac isn't covered!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At one time I praised them for the work they did on my 97's AC; and being right around the corner I was happy that I was minutes away from a decent dealership...but like you said, they have went to [******]. The young guy with the green RT10 was in there for a check engine light at the time I was.....I feel bad for him.

You're in Deerwood or Deercreek or whatever that development is on Baymeadows near Southside, right? I'm near Atlantic/Southside.

That doctor guy with the black Gen 2 RT/10 with the I8A4RE tag recommended I go to Jax Dodge. I was at Borders near The Avenues waiting for my tow truck to Jax Dodge when he drove up. It was kind of an odd coincidence. I can't remember his name. Mike? Matt?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

in Jacksonville why not go to Roe?

I was under warranty at the time, and thought since I was bringing it in the for the same thing the second time it would still be covered. They didnt do any work on the AC, and didnt see any problem with it. So now the ac isn't covered!

Um, yes it is. Probably. Varies from state to state, but I'd check into it. See my post above.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that but I guess you never read my posting several months ago about NEVER taking your viper to a dealer and those so called viper techs. I have been to several and all they do is screw something else up and get the car dirty. The dodge dealer where I bought my hemi ram damaged it too while doing general maintenance. Hmmm lets see now, I think I got several owners back then lashing back at me about my thoughts on dealerships. Wished now I had copied their quotes. Hope all works out for you. Lesson learned.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a problem with a Pontiac that I had purchased. I tried and tried to get it resolved, but could get no satisfaction. I sat down and composed a PROFESSIONAL type letter and then sent it to the owner by REGISTERED mail and the owner had to sign for it!!!! I got my problem solved within 48 hours. It worked for me and it might work for you.

professional :eek: :eek: :2tu:

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't know how I screwed that post up, but you get the gist.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

These kinds of stories is the reason I do as much work on my Viper myself as I can... learning all the time.

If I have something really over my head I don't want to tackle, I gladly take it (3 hours) to Woodhouse.

Roe is only 45' from you? Geez, you have a very knowledgable and professional person practically around the corner from you.

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Stories like these are why I fear taking my car to a dealership. I'm not a motorhead, but do as much as I can myself. I'm new to Vipers, and find the car fairly easy to work on so far. Met Doug Levin and I hope he works out when it comes time for upgrades.

Reaction score

Stories like these are why I fear taking my car to a dealership. I'm not a motorhead, but do as much as I can myself. I'm new to Vipers, and find the car fairly easy to work on so far. Met Doug Levin and I hope he works out when it comes time for upgrades.

Yes, but for warranty work, or basic maintenance were are you going to take your Viper? What Dodge Dealer?

I have to take my car in next week, and the thought makes me want to puke.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both of you South Florida people can go to Charlie's in Fort Pierce.

Reaction score

If I have something really over my head I don't want to tackle, I gladly take it (3 hours) to Woodhouse.

I was just saying (basically) the same thing last night. The local Dodge Stealership here is a joke, and they routinely screw up even the most minor things on my Dakota. I usually only take it there for oil changes, and it ALWAYS comes oout messy, worse then when I left it. I have a HUGE smile on my face when I hand the service manager my keys back to clean it up. Virginia Beach Dodge will NEVER, EVER touch my Viper. What I can't do....I will GLADLY trailer the car to either the Wizard in the North, or the Sessions in the South. And if I can't use Bugeater's trailer....I'll call Gary Almond!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire