Jerkyness

Rkh3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, have only owned my 01 rt/10 for a couple weeks. I am noticing a jerkyness at slow speeds at around 2k, mostly while in second, not bucking, but jerky. Speed up and it goes away, runs great otherwise. Drives me crazy being stuck behind slow traffic.
Just replaced air filters with K&N and installed smooth tubes, the old paper filters were black. Noticed it before I did this but appears more noticeable now.

Last edited:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not uncommon and is some times exaggerated by mods. This is the load point where the engine's vacuum moves (up/down), therefore, making the PCM push and pull the injector duration. This can also be aggravated by bad O2 sensors, you need a scan tool to check those.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is normal. It gets worse with mods as said, especially with a supercharger. Trying to drive 25mph is my car is almost impossible due to the jerkyness but give it a little gas and it runs like a ***** ape.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is normal. It gets worse with mods as said, especially with a supercharger. Trying to drive 25mph is my car is almost impossible due to the jerkyness but give it a little gas and it runs like a ***** ape.

If you remap the the closed loop fuel table you can fix that problem. The closed loop table only only extends thru 3500 rpm, that is what SCT shows on my Gen II. You are correct, the SC messes that table up pretty bad, any change in VE does.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only run the VEC and it doesn't modify the closed loop fuel table. I do have M&M headers so I am limited with the o2 in the 3rd tube as well but it was jerky before the headers.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just echoing everything that has already been said, toally normal. Nothing like 5pm traffic in a modded GTS :) Congrats again on the car and I hope you're loving it

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Consider a simple cause, too. Often a little **** from the engine will cause your foot to pump the gas pedal slightly, which causes another **** from the engine, which causes your foot to pump the gas pedal slightly, which causes... (you get it). Larger TBs are especially prone to doing this. If I feel jerkyness coming on, I press the side of my right foot up against the transmission tunnel for stabilization. It works wonders.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only run the VEC and it doesn't modify the closed loop fuel table. I do have M&M headers so I am limited with the o2 in the 3rd tube as well but it was jerky before the headers.

This will fix your combo SCT + VEC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte