JESEL Valvetrain Components- Anyone have any experience...?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any experience with JESEL Valvetrain components in SRT-10's as of yet? Particularly, their Lifters, Pushrods, and Roller Rockers are of interest to me for an ongoing project.

Thanks!

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel:

I believe that Joe Bob has done so with his `05 Triple Black car.

See his posts from over the weekend.

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesel told me that the J2K roller rockers for the gen II work on gen III. Woodhouse confirmed that they work and supposedly installed the ajustable set that are shaft mounted in my '05.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JOEBOB- that is GREAT news. Now I just need to find out if they make a set of Monster Lifters that fit the Viper!

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse replaced my lifters as well but the work order does not say with what supposedly something better I will try to get them to be a little more specific. :confused:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JOEBOB- More than likely, they replaced them with the non-bleed-down OEM Viper lifters from 96-99.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you this (if it helps) I have jesel rockers/pushrods in my gen 2 and I hear no valve noise and the gains were well worth it I did get SOTP from them and no problems as of yet.

When I bought them I was told jesel's are the best.

Hope that helps some I know your talking about an SRT but it may do you SOME good lol

Good luck

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I do know how good those rockers really are! Thats why I want to use them in this engine package.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Jessel is the best out there. They are known for being much lighter, and absolute presision. I wish I knew they had them for the SRT, before I bought the T&D's

Jessel is higher, but they are worth it. They really look unique in design.

Skip White

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TORQUEMONSTER- How do the Schubeck lifters compare to Clevite 2113's and Jesel Monster/Tie bar lifters?

JoeBob- do you happen to have the name of the tech that did your install? I would like to give him a ring if at all possible and ask a few questions.

PS- does anyone know if Valve Cover spacers are required when using Jesels? For T&D's they are, but do Jesels require it? Thanks.

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Jorgensen is the go to guy but Rick somebody is the Viper tech. Rick maintains Woodhouse's Comp Coupe. Woodhouse's #800-889-1893 and ask for Mark. You can go to Web site link off this site for a complete list of who is who there. The girl in the parts department can also help. Mustang Dyno numbers show a jump of about 90+ rwhp/rwtq as I recall since sheets are at the office somewhere. I did not see spacers on the build sheet. The mods include Stage III heads, cam, Jesels, green filters, Belangers, Aluminum flywheel, 3.73 r-p, lifters, Corsa track exhaust, Random Tech cats, 10% underdrive pulley & crossover delete. But I think the B&M ripper, Valentine 1 and MGW everything probably put it over the top. Calculated flywheel HP 590/TQ 575 as I recall. :headbang:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JOEBOB- I will give them a ring tomorrow.

If your car has spacers, you would notice. there would be machines aluminum rings about 1/2" thick betweent the heads and valve covers.

Thanks,

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just changed the ADS fuse and sorry but we got 1" spacers so much for build sheet. So much for me paying that much attention.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm... I really wonder if they are actually needed. I'll have to take some measurements when I get to that point. I can understand T&D's, but the Jesels really arent bigger than stock.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks sorry to revive an ancient thread...anyone know have a contact number or website for Jessel?

A number of websearches have come up blank...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesel told me that the J2K roller rockers for the gen II work on gen III. Woodhouse confirmed that they work and supposedly installed the ajustable set that are shaft mounted in my '05.

Old news now. I sent Jesel a bare gen3 head last year and they came up with a design specific to the gen3.