Jet Hot Coating??

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think of jet hot coating exhaust components, mainly headers?

I had this done one my gen 2 headers before they were installed but hard to tell if the temps lowered because of the h/f cats or the coating.

im thinking of doing it on the gen 3 as well just wanted some opinions

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the OEM "headers" Jet-Hot coated on my Gen.III engine (Ram SRT-10).
Header bolt temps dropped from 625F to 350F.
I've been VERY satisfied with the product.

When I purchased new mid-pipes, I had them Jet-Hot coated as well.
I will likely end up doing the aftermarket headers on the new Viper as well.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also thinking about doing mids as well, the side sills will be alot cooler

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting my headers to cats coated with ceramic coating.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the next question would be, after h/f cats how hot do the side sills get on a gen 3?

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I had them do some parts years ago including a Big Block alum. intake manifold. They did an outstanding job. Will be doing the Hot side of my Turbo's soon. :2tu:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do send headers out, make it VERY clear to them: DO NOT COAT MATING SURFACE ON HEADERS!!!!
These are not going on a SB Chevy with paper gaskets; these are precisely machined parts and that surface needs to remain perfectly flat with NO COATING on it.

I've seen them both clean and coated, so make sure you put that info in with your headers.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I could have sworn Jet-Hot was just a cool name for ceramic coating.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my B&B headers Jet Hot Coated by Jet Hot Coating not someone local that does it cheaper. I'm extremely satisfied with the results. I marked my headers where they slip together and they stopped the coating exactly where I marked them. I was afraid they would be impossible to get back together if the entire pipe was coated. FYI

I just made new side exhaust for my gen 3 and sprayed them with the 1200 degree spray which works fairly well.

You must be registered for see images

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had my headers on my viper truck jet hot coated on the inside and ceramic coated on the outside i loved it!!!!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran jet coating on a turbo setup for another vehicle and it seemed to dissipate more of the heat under my hood. I was told the jet hot would keep the pipes cooler but my under hood temps sky rocketed. I would rather keep less heat in the engine bay then less heat on the headers.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jet-Hot IS ceramic coating, so what is the different process? They must do something different to make it better.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure it will keep the side sills alot cooler, im thinking about doing the entire exhaust

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We use and spec our ACR-X headers with JET-HOT 1600 / 1700 degree thermal coatings. Great company and great staff to deal with! If anyone needs special pricing I can provide a satelite service for you, just give me a call.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding of coating headers was to provide insulation to keep heat inside the pipes.
This is because hotter zorst gasses flow faster than cooler gasses thus providing a power benefit.
A cooler engine bays is a side-benefit.

As for cooler side sills (STUGOTS) I believe they should theoretically get hotter (unless you coat them too) because more heat is transfered along the zorst system because less heat is lost in the engine bay. Just my 4 peneth...

BTW I have ceramic coated headers, 3" bespoke zorst, cat delete, normally aspirated power upgrade (gen 3 heads) and I'm touching 600BHP - I've gotta put some of that improvement down to the themal efficiency of the zorst system (coated headers).

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you do send headers out, make it VERY clear to them: DO NOT COAT MATING SURFACE ON HEADERS!!!!
These are not going on a SB Chevy with paper gaskets; these are precisely machined parts and that surface needs to remain perfectly flat with NO COATING on it.

I've seen them both clean and coated, so make sure you put that info in with your headers.

We coat all the mating surface on our headers. Makes a great seal with the factory metal gaskets.