July 13th, 2013 – NARRA – Virginia International Raceway – Alton, VA

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by mendler23, Jun 3, 2013.

1. CBR-ACR

CBR-ACR Viper Owner

I got up early this morning to get on the road by 7am (3 hour drive), but unfortunately the weather is not cooperating. Chris, looks like a great time and I am sorry I will miss it. I am planning on doing their HP driving school at the end of summer, looks like a great track. Enjoy the day, take a lot of pics!

2. mendler23

mendler23 Viper Owner

Okay. just woke up and man do I hate early mOrnings

3. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

Well, despite the weather, we had a great time!!! Yes, we got a little wet on occasion, but it was dry for part of the day and the track was nice and dry for our parade laps!!! Yeaa! And, it was comfortable temps so we could enjoy walking around the pits and eat lunch outdoors.

Thanks to everyone who came out. We realize the weather was shaky and KUDOS to everyone who made the trip anyway!!! Chris and I really appreciate it!

We had 5 Vipers in attendance and we had a couple members in attendance without their cars....which is GREAT! We were provided with one of the VIP private viewing rooms for the day. The room was on the second floor and also sported a covered balcony. We had a nice view of the track and always kept dry when it did start to rain. NARRA provides us with some really nice goodie bags which included 2 t-shirts, a Viper matchbox car, numerous decals, stickers, VIR keychain, a Viper CD, and a cool calendar. One of the t-shirts was signed by Kuno Whittmer which was a nice touch. :)

The club provided everyone lunch, a Carolinas club mug, and several prizes. These included a stainless steel piston koozie that went to Jeremy, Viper hats which went to Paul and Bill, and finally our grand prize....a $100 gift certificate for PartsRack which went to Shawn.

I have posted my pics below. Guys, I did not have an opportunity to get any pictures of our cars together in the car corral before we left due to the rain.....so if someone has a pic, please post!!! Enjoy!

race.jpg s_8853.jpg s_8856.jpg s_8857.jpg s_goodie.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  4. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

The great people of our club. :)

jeremy.jpg chris.jpg bill.jpg paul.jpg brian.jpg

5. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

A few more....goodie bag contents, shawn with his $100 PartsRack gift certificate, our Carolinas mug, and group photo....great time!

s_goodie.jpg shawn.jpg a_mug.jpg group.jpg

6. NO HEMI

NO HEMI Viper Owner

I'm not happy i missed it, but i'm glad u guys had fun, hopefully i'll be able
    To go next time!!!

7. mendler23

mendler23 Viper Owner

I had a great time and was very appreciative of the lengths they went to at the race track to accommodate our club. Definitely an event that I hope we can do every year!

I have some pics that I will post up as soon as I get them off of my phone...

8. mendler23

mendler23 Viper Owner

9. gutterworks129

gutterworks129 Viper Owner

Thanks for setting up the event, good job guys and gals!

10. CEJ

CEJ Viper Owner

Sorry to have missed this.. Chris & Brian, thank you for organizing this event!

11. billjr1

billjr1 Viper Owner

What a great time my wife and I had. It was a lot of fun going around the track all those times. Thanks Chris & Brian for a great time!