June Cars and Coffee in San Antonio, TX ?

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the details for this event.
What day in June and where is it located?
thanks
Ray

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray- In San Antonio we have an event the last Saturday of the month behind Panera bread on Bandera and 1604. This event has grown to be huge, we always have a good Viper turn out to rival the Ferrari crowd. There is always something new, I've seen an F40, Callaway vette, Murci, 599 GTO, 458, Ultima Can Am... you name it it has been here.

Read all about it here :http://www.coffeeandrides.com/

This is NOT a Cars and Coffee event, mainly because we don't see a reason to pay a fee for a name so everyone who shares the same passion can enjoy a morning of cars and... coffee...

Hence this event is Coffee and Rides San Antonio

Everyone is welcome to this free event, no advertising, no BS. Just cars, well and the stories that goes with them...

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, I believe the San Antonio and Austin events are larger than the Houston and DFW due to the fact that the Houston group keeps having to move it due to 'incidents' with certain demographics of the audience/participants.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that the DFW one has broken the 4 digit count on a constant average now.
A friend said that it can take more then 2 hours for all the cars to leave the parking lot in a constant flow out multiple enter/exits to the street.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that the DFW one has broken the 4 digit count on a constant average now.
A friend said that it can take more then 2 hours for all the cars to leave the parking lot in a constant flow out multiple enter/exits to the street.

Now THAT is a big show! I have never been to one that size, may have to make a run up there when things cool off a bit and check it out. Sounds like it is the size of the LA shows!

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DFW area is planning an invasion this June 4th. ACR Girl and I were discussing going but to many other things are planned plus she has to work that day.
Ray

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DFW area is planning an invasion this June 4th. ACR Girl and I were discussing going but to many other things are planned plus she has to work that day.
Ray

Ya, I'll do the trip when it gets a little cooler. The gatherings will be larger in the fall I would imagine.

dgorham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please let me know what time the event starts and if the Vipers from San Antonio will be attending. I am thinking about bring my car over from Houston to see something different. Sounds like the SA gathering is pretty well organized. Thanks

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one we just had in Austin, had a brand new Viper owner with a 97GTS with original tires, airbag sticker etc...VERY lowe mileage car...he has only had it a month! Nice guy, but didn't get his info... He was the only Viper there.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please let me know what time the event starts and if the Vipers from San Antonio will be attending. I am thinking about bring my car over from Houston to see something different. Sounds like the SA gathering is pretty well organized. Thanks

Our event is the last Saturday of every month starts at 8Am till about 10:30 AM. It is a bad website but here you go: http://coffeeandrides.com/

dgorham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will be there for sure hoping to see other vipers!

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to be there (San Antonio Coffee and Rides) if the weather holds up. Looking forward to meeting some other Viper owners.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to be there (San Antonio Coffee and Rides) if the weather holds up. Looking forward to meeting some other Viper owners.

I will be there! Look forward to seeing you again. Cars are still dirty as ever, but that just means I am spending my time driving them not washing them...

The battery broke in the RT, so I may be in the GTS. If I get time today to swap out the battery I will be in the sapphire though. I will try and get there early and stake out our normal claim on the firts double row.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know our "Turf" as this will be my first time there. I'll endeavor to arrive early, whatever "Early" is. Would like to see the RT, since last time you came in the GTS. If you are there before I arrive, you should have no trouble hearing me coming. No, I didn't change out my stock exhaust to something more evocative. My car is making all kinds of rattling & popping noises. Paul checked it out and feels there is nothing that a good tightening down of the suspension, followed by a really good overall lube won't solve. Hope he is correct. It's down-right embarrassing - the shake, rattle and roll, I mean. Anyway, I've managed to put about 800 miles on it since picking it up May 26th. I changed my insurance coverage Tier from 2500 to 5000, so I will actually be able to drive this beast whenever I want. Nice feeling. I'll look for you when I get there.

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was me. nice casual event up there in leander! BUt that's a good drive from my far south austin home. San Antonio would almost be closer.

The one we just had in Austin, had a brand new Viper owner with a 97GTS with original tires, airbag sticker etc...VERY lowe mileage car...he has only had it a month! Nice guy, but didn't get his info... He was the only Viper there.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was me. nice casual event up there in leander! BUt that's a good drive from my far south austin home. San Antonio would almost be closer.

Yesterday did not disappoint! We had several NEW Viper owners attend and it was great to get to meet each and everyone of them. We had a great turn out at Coffee and Rides here in SA, the clouds kept the heat away most of the morning and got to see some really rare cars! Having a 458 Italia parked next to a Gallardo parked next to an R8 V10 was really cool to see contenders that close, the mint condition DeLorean was fun for most as well and the Bentley Super Sports was very cool. Of course the Ultima 7L , Ford GT and Merci never disappoint. Awesome turn out form the Viper Nation, followed up by the Porsche and Ferrari guys, several one off hot rods and even an Avanti showed up. And lets not forget about the HI vert, I know it is a slow 4x4 but very much an exotic in my book!

As some of our members found out it you don't get there early you don't have a spot to park! We were filling up the rows with cars too, as soon as someone would leave it would be replaced with another cool car to view. This event is getting bigger and bigger! Can't wait for next month! Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coffee and Rides, June 25th: Attended. Great turnout. Met a lot of Viper owners and saw a good mix of different Generation Vipers. Had a great time and will continue to attend. Oh, almost forgot - coffee wasn't bad either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21