@Junkman

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, you need to clear your mailbox.

I've been absorbing your videos. Eye opening indeed. So far I've run into a couple of questions.

1. How do you handle emblems? Take the SRT10 emblem on the side of the Viper or the Flags emblem on your Vete.

2. Is there a special technique to deal with difficult angles. Say the front "grill" section of the Viper. The PC certainly won't fit into that area. Do you do that kind of thing by hand?

Edit: Oh yeah, one more. How to handle vinyl stripes?

Last edited:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about that Sly! Mailbox is back under control. :2tu:

To handle emblems, I will do one of two things. I will either mask them off and come back later with a 4" pad and go around them, or I will work around them by hand. The thing that determines how I will handle the emblem is the design of the emblem. If it has any sharp edges, then I will most likely do them by hand because the sharp edged can destroy a pad. If the emblem is smooth, I will use the 4" pad to get around them.

As for awkward angles, again the 4" pad on the PC can work wonders. If I can't get in with the 4" pad, then doing it by hand is the only choice.

The vinyl stripes are something that I tell guys to mask off and leave alone. As long as the car is garaged, your stripes shouldn't fade or need addressing. If they do, A very small amount of Super VRT should bring them back to life but I have always advised guys to leave the stripes be.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he needs to be a sponsor with the amount of posting he does here pimping his talents/services

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he needs to be a sponsor with the amount of posting he does here pimping his talents/services

Adam's will be sponsoring the detailing forum very soon (they are working on the paperwork now). I however, do not have any detailing products or services to offer. I just do this for pleasure. :)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam's will be sponsoring the detailing forum very soon (they are working on the paperwork now). I however, do not have any detailing products or services to offer. I just do this for pleasure. :)

That's right, just look at all the pictures of the Junkman working on a car....always a grin from ear to ear......he loves doing this stuff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang