Just Been to the Vette forums...

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just been to the vette forums, where hope springs eternal. It's all but set in their minds that the new Z06 will be 500/500 FOR 65K. Apparently Lutz the putz stated that he ain't going to let no v10 500hp beamer M5 out do him. The latest bag job by GM, as many of you know, is the GTO fiasco. The poor people that bought 04s now face the 05 with 400hp (55hp increase) and some body work that lets people know it is a GTO. GM does it again.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this movie already! It stars Dave Hill as "BOZO"
You must be registered for see images
, Chief engr for the Corvette.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Lutz the putz? I thought he did a great job on the Gen1+2 Vipers. He was a Marine fighter pilot, and has great leadership skills. I don't know what kind of effect he can have at an organization like GM, though.

Do you like the front end of the C6? I kinda think it looks like a C5 with Down's syndrome. Too bad Lutz didn't do something about that!

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vic
Fortunately, this is not an election issue. I was only talking about Lutz since working for GM. Look what he did to 01 z06---oil burning (which he maintained was the driver's fault) and kicking up the hp from 385 to 405 the next year. Lutz and Hill go hand and hand.
As far as the looks of the C6, I have tried to like it, but cannot. I don't like the front and the side view is ridiculous. The only thing I like is the headlights, courtsey of viper.

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, but 2 weeks ago I traded my 02 Z06 Vette in for my first Viper, a new SRT10. But, I am still president of my Corvette club, and we met last night. One of the members who works at a local Chevy dealer brought a new C6 Vette to the meeting and parked right next to my Viper. There were about 60 people at the meeting and the large majority did not like anything about the C6. And most of them thought that the Viper was drop dead gorgeous sitting next to the Vette. I have had 5 Vettes and loved them all, but I think Chevy went in the wrong direction with the C6. Next to the Viper, it looks like a toy. After 2 weeks, I can say that I enjoy my daily driver more than any Vette that I have owned. I can also tell you that the C6 Z06 will have 475HP.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, but 2 weeks ago I traded my 02 Z06 Vette in for my first Viper, a new SRT10. But, I am still president of my Corvette club, and we met last night. One of the members who works at a local Chevy dealer brought a new C6 Vette to the meeting and parked right next to my Viper. There were about 60 people at the meeting and the large majority did not like anything about the C6. And most of them thought that the Viper was drop dead gorgeous sitting next to the Vette. I have had 5 Vettes and loved them all, but I think Chevy went in the wrong direction with the C6. Next to the Viper, it looks like a toy. After 2 weeks, I can say that I enjoy my daily driver more than any Vette that I have owned. I can also tell you that the C6 Z06 will have 475HP.
Welcome RonnieC5 now change your handle name to RonnieViper!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to check out what there saying on the vette forms, anybody have the address ( web site )

thanks, tom

Bad Car

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to the Corvette Club of America website. Very Weak!!! They have nothing to say about the Viper, because a Corvette can't touch it.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just been to the vette forums, where hope springs eternal. It's all but set in their minds that the new Z06 will be 500/500 FOR 65K. Apparently Lutz the putz stated that he ain't going to let no v10 500hp beamer M5 out do him. The latest bag job by GM, as many of you know, is the GTO fiasco. The poor people that bought 04s now face the 05 with 400hp (55hp increase) and some body work that lets people know it is a GTO. GM does it again.

Lutz the putz? Obviously you know dick all when it comes to automotive genius.

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gee Craig, don't hold back. I am very familiar with Lutz and Hill ONCE they started with GM. Before GM, I don't care. Have a croissant and calm down. :usa:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say what you want, but I saw the new Vettes and they did a better job (looks wise) than Dodge did on the new coupe.

AC
Let's not get carried away in no way does the new Vette look nearly as good as the concept Viper coupe. The C6 is fugly!!! :confused:

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say what you want, but I saw the new Vettes and they did a better job (looks wise) than Dodge did on the new coupe.

AC

OMG! Are you serious! Andrew I have to strongly disagree with you on this one my friend. Heck I'll take my SRT/10 over the new Vette any day. All day! And I don't even particularily like the looks of my SRT/10. Never have really. But the Coupe? Now that's a whole different story.

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vette Forum that I have been on for quite some time is www.corvetteforum.com
Then click onto the C6 link. I went there yesterday and wrote a post titled
"Canceled My C6 Order....Bought A Viper" and gave a fair comparison of my opinions....you should see the response I received! I was ripped! It is great reading! And I was being extremely fair and soft spoken!!!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I was not comparing the Vette to the SRT-10, I can get used to the SRT, especially the way Greg Tembeck set his up. There are some real nice SRT's out there!!! But the coupe? Sorry, I don't like it. Not that I would crush one into a tin can if given to me, but I just think it could use some improvements. In my opinion, the way it stands today, the new Vettes look good. The new concept Viper does not. Not yet, anyway. That said, I still wouldn't get the Vette anyway, because of the power thing. Obviously, there, the Viper still rules.

Look guys, you have to be honest with yourselves. All they did was glue an old GTS rear onto an SRT. And the rounded-bubble top look does not go with the harsh side fender cut-out. From some angles, sure it looks okay.....but okay is not what the Viper should be. Why they couldn't make some similar body style as the comp coupe is beyond me. I know the comp coupe is a race car, but the lines match! Just look at the difference!

Andrew

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ouch, your last post hit it on the head. Those same individuals take your stance when the Mustang and F-body groups do comparisons. Hilarious!!!

That will be one ********** group when the realize the Z06 will not be stronger than the current SRT10. Never was intended to be either.

RD

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main Vette forum is www.corvetteforum.com, then click on the C6 link. I posted there yesterday titled "Cancelled my C6 Order....Bought A Viper" and you should see the responses...i got ripped!!! And I was being fair and honest, and really soft spoken. It is great reading! You will really get an idea of how they feel!

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the corvette forums: "With everything said it is still not a vette." LOL!!!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronnie:
Just read your post in the Vette Forum. Very funny how these guys respond from one extreme to the other.

One question. What is with the Vert lingo? Some kind of Vette slang?

AC

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One question. What is with the Vert lingo? Some kind of Vette slang?

Yes...Vert short for Convertable as is Vette short for Corvette. I But it will wear off!!!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that was hillarious too:)

From the corvette forums: "With everything said it is still not a vette." LOL!!!

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coc5
CF Member

Parker
co

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read your post on the Viper forum. I have news for you. Those guys are in denial over there. They privately are shaking in their slippers about the new O6. They won't admit it of coarse.

This was posted on the Vette forum. Kind of funny, if you ask me!!!

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!

First of all, I had originally posted in the Gen I/II forums, since I was planning on a 01+ GTS. Here's a link to my orignal post: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=430752&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

To summarize:

Have a Z06 blah blah blah
Had a Supra blah blah blah
Getting a Viper blah blah blah
Weekend and track time only blah blah blah
Look forward to joining the VCA blah blah blah

:laugh:

In the last several weeks, I've become more and more a fan of the Gen III car! In fact, one the posts in my thread said if I was planning on tracking the car (I am) then a SRT-10 is the best all around performer, especially the OEM brakes. At first I wasn't that gung-** on a Vert (I just HAD to get that in, heheheh) but being on the East Coast of Florida, seems like I'm missing out since we have 11 1/2 months of roadster weather :laugh: The wifey actually has a new 3-series convertible, so I was thinking, "do we need another?" Heck, doesn't really matter since I'm picking up a new daily/beach/tow vehicle anyway (Toyota 4Runner, AWD/V8).

At any rate, I've been lurking here in the SRT area more -n- more, been following this post, and I'm currently a Z06 owner (only for a short time longer), so I read most of the fanatic posts regarding the Viper on the Vette forum(s).

I picked up the Vette because it was a good value in a daily/weekend combo car - I had just sold my Lexus and Supra, and decided to consolidate down to a single ride for a bit, get some business things squared away. As I mentioned in my link above, it a great value, and good all around car.

However, there is a HUGE value (to me at least, and I suspect most members here) in the exclusivity of a Viper. I had this with the Supra (mine especially, pretty heavily modified). Given everything else is equal (and it's not really), THAT in itself is a huge incentive for me.

Even the up and coming Z06 variant of the C6 - it will still be dervied from a platform that will be churned out of BG at a rate of 30K cars a year. I know it will have big fenders, etc., but like my Z06, it still just a slight cosmetic variation of a highly produced car (which I think actually ruined the Vette to be honest).

And yeah, that's a funny thread! There are some people who are just brand loyal beyond all logical rationale. I'm not - I appreciate the contributions the Corvette has made (especially C1-C2's), the great racing success, etc., but when it comes down to comparing two cars, on the merits of the cars themselves, I put the Viper over the C6, period. I guess I've never had a strong loyalty to something like a car - seems weird to me. If another manufacturer came out with a low volume, ultra performance car, I'd consider it.

And what's really surprising (I guess there are some frail egos in this world) is people who don't admit price is a factor. It's OK to say, "I think I Viper is a spectacular car, just can't afford it". I'd rather hear someone be honest, than try to derail a superior platform.

It should come as no surprise - GM can't compete with a low production, hand-built "supercar" - and fans of the Vette shouldn't get all jacked up, it's not meant to. And _certainly_ the subjective measures such as style can't be argued - *personally* I think any Viper looks better than the C6 (I think my Z06 looks better than the C6 for that matter).

Another trend I'm seeing on the Vette forums, is people arguing how much better the C6/Z06 will be than the Viper when the people most vocal will never own EITHER vehicle! This is like some kind of brand-loyalty, coat-tail riding. It's these people that will come to a Viper forum, talk about how great a C6 is, be told a Viper is superior, _than_ pull the C6/Z06 out of their rear as a defense ("Yeah, wait till you run into a C/06")

At any rate, again, look forward to ownership in the very near future. I popped into Ronnie Robisons in Green Cove yesterday, talked to Ronnie, he had his personal SRT-10 at the lot and his yellow/blk-stripe GTS too. Got to compare the cars pretty closely together, root around in the enterior of the SRT-10. He said to keep him in the loop, he might be able to help find a car when it's time.

Oh yeah, what's up my ex-Supra brutha Guilly! I still get the occasional email from Nero, I've got to get down to Orlando and make sure that boy is keep his act clean, heheheh.

Seeya -

DT

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron
I went to the vette forum and read your posts. I thought they were tasteful. It is nice to see that the vette mentality is still there. ie

Viper doesn't have enough buttons to push
Shouldn't this be on a viper forum
Wait until the new z06 (comment: it ain't gonna happen)
Look at all the mods I can do for a extra 20K
Viper interior *****
Look at the money you will lose
Cannot drive the viper--to rough
Does have power windows and A/C yet?
Would not buy some elses beat up viper--what do you think those guys do to the vettes?
Some people did thank you for the comparision, but the rest just cannot seem to realize the differences between the vette and viper. Wait until they get the price tag on the new z06 IF it is to their expectations. It won't come cheap--like 65k--which is what they are expecting for 500/500

It maybe that viper prices are soft right now, but that is true for the entire car industry. It is just a cycle. :D

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly...I totally agree with your last post...and, I have found out from a good sorce that the C6 Z06 will have 475hp, and the 06 standard Vette coupe and convertible (not vert!) will not have any increase in HP. Bottom line is that for those who have owned both Vettes and snakes, the large majority prefer snakes, such as myself. AND....most Vette owners do not realize that the snake will TOTALLY out handle the Z06...and the exclusivity of the Viper is priceless. I live in LA, where EVERYTHING on the road is commonplace....except Vipers!!!! That speaks volumes!!!

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick addition (I hadn't honestly read through ALL the posts when I posted)...

The Modified vs. Stock with the price delta debate drives me nuts. i.e., several posts along the lines of "if you took the 20K difference and put it into the vette"

I'll tell you what you'll have: a no warranty car, that introduces all sorts of unknowns into the reliability equation.

You CANNOT compare 50K car + 20K aftermarket with 70K car - period. When isn't this debate valid? ("I could take 30K and put 40K into a car and it would be... yada yada yada").

FWIW, I've got my money on HIGH 60's/LOW 70's, and into the mid 70's for first year dealer gouging on the new Z06. A dedicated engine, chassis, body panels, suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, seats, coolers is NOT going to come cheap. The current Z06 was a simple off the shelf upgrade that's done right on the same line. I believe the car is either going to be much more than people expect pricewise _or_ much less performance and in the high 50's low 60's.

Seeya -

DT

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I was not comparing the Vette to the SRT-10, I can get used to the SRT, especially the way Greg Tembeck set his up. There are some real nice SRT's out there!!! But the coupe? Sorry, I don't like it. Not that I would crush one into a tin can if given to me, but I just think it could use some improvements. In my opinion, the way it stands today, the new Vettes look good. The new concept Viper does not. Not yet, anyway. That said, I still wouldn't get the Vette anyway, because of the power thing. Obviously, there, the Viper still rules.

Look guys, you have to be honest with yourselves. All they did was glue an old GTS rear onto an SRT. And the rounded-bubble top look does not go with the harsh side fender cut-out. From some angles, sure it looks okay.....but okay is not what the Viper should be. Why they couldn't make some similar body style as the comp coupe is beyond me. I know the comp coupe is a race car, but the lines match! Just look at the difference!

Andrew
In no way does the new C6 look as good or better than the chopped up SRT Coupe we have so far. :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang