Just got back from rolex 24 & GREAT tour of Purners wheel shop

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 24 hour was cool as usual except no Vipers. The Sun Trust DP took first by a dozen laps and Paul Newman at age 80 gave it a go in another DP!! Many super star drivers were there to talk to. Great weather for a change too. But if you ever travel through or near Daytona Beach, do your self a favor and see John Purners (CC Wheel) factory. He will gladly give you a tour of this huge two story custom wheel manufacturing plant. The process is very impressive. He was just finishing a set of sp20 19 inch I ordered for my GTS. There are rows and rows of both one and three piece wheels in different stages and a very friendly staff that will show you how they design and make these quality wheels. In the back building is a shop just for polishing. There are rows of new Michelin tires awaiting mounting also. John has been working 7 days a week recently to keep up with orders.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoyed a tour of his old shop. Good stuff. His group has always been helpful. Thanks for the contribution to the Viper community John.

But I sure wish he'd find me some old beat 18-inch rears!