Just got my Paxton installed

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Picked up the car last night. Got to drive it home about 20 miles. All I can say is, Mama Mia! It moves. 4th pulls like 3rd used to and 3rd pulls like 2nd. Definitely sounds different. Now I just need to get the tune done. Needless to say, it made me smile.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the Supercharger club. I just recently got mine. Love every minute of it. 2nd gear used to be my favorite, but now 3rd gear is. Boy does it pull and keep pulling.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait until you get that Paxton tune properly! A friend of mine has an 04 SRT with a Paxton and let me drive it one day. Holy hell that thing is scary fast. Pulls like a freight train in all gears.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well it used to compare to Porsche and ferraris. No it only compares to the few modified exotics and it's getting closer to Veyron power.

Power's now at race car level.

Don't let anyone drive it anymore!

Congratulations.

Ted

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait until you get that Paxton tune properly! A friend of mine has an 04 SRT with a Paxton and let me drive it one day. Holy hell that thing is scary fast. Pulls like a freight train in all gears.

A freight train? Try an F-14 going down the carrier catapult on full afterburner (as Clarkson described the RT/10 in one of the earliest Top Gear or Fifth Gear reviews) :omg:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3rd gear in a Paxton car is like hitting the warp speed button. They really launch in that gear. 4th is good to but you you are flying by the time you hit that gear coming out of third. I love mine....

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love every moment of driving this car. Fast Too said it...3rd is like warp.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love my Paxton........but make sure you get used to all that torque! Point it where you want it to go, or it will bite you back. Have fun.....be safe!

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with "Fast Too". Third gear is completely awesome on the paxton. Whatever you do, don't let a friend drive your car and keep the viper pointed in a straight direction when you really get into it.....TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really need to stop reading about these damn paxtons. Reading posts is what got me into a viper in the first place. I don't know if I have the energy to convince my wife I need a paxton.

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
KWIK96, I have not had a dyno done yet since the install. I hope to do that this week.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How easy is it to install myself?
BL

I thought I read once that its quoted as a 30+ hour job. Some have done it faster or slower. Id probably expect if you just worked on your car and didnt go to work, you could do it in a week yourself if your mechanical.

My buddy installed mine, he had already done his own and did a great job. I was actually impressed with how well laid out the Paxton instructions are. Again if you have the time and patience, it can be done in your garage. Id recommend a blower flash from one of the tuners after install. I had put my stock computer back in and it ran lean up top. After the flash and a tune, Im nice and safe.

SixFootSix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was going to be my next question, Can I run stock everything with just the paxton installed (besides the chip)?
Thanks again,
BL

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was going to be my next question, Can I run stock everything with just the paxton installed (besides the chip)?
Thanks again,
BL

With a bone stock SRT, you can bolt up paxton and go and it will be fine. Once you add exhaust, headers etc, it tends to lean them out and you may need a tune.

SixFootSix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a bone stock SRT, you can bolt up paxton and go and it will be fine. Once you add exhaust, headers etc, it tends to lean them out and you may need a tune.

Thats great news. Thanks for the reply. Do you know what kind of RWHP to expect on a stock car with a paxton? 620ish?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats great news. Thanks for the reply. Do you know what kind of RWHP to expect on a stock car with a paxton? 620ish?

Yep , you should hit 620-640 rwhp, were you really start to see gains with exhaust ,headers and tuning is the midrange. It will still be plenty fast with just a stock setup.

Performance Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not wait for the day when I get to post pics of my Super Charged Viper. Looks like next spring or summer. The new business is winding up sweetly {Thank You God & My Amazing Wife}
Very happy for you. These cars are simply wonderful.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A paxton in an SRT is like saying "Mr. Chezcoff (or whatever his name was, please trekies correct me here) warp speed". They are that scary fast...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960