Just got my Tubes and Filters from Roe...anything I should know?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off, I have to say, Roe racing has above avg. customer service. That in itself will guide me to give them my business in the future. Well, I just got the tubes and filters, is there anything I should know before I go slap them on? Thanks.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, be prepared that when you install them, you will want more stuff.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will sound like you just installed a very small supercharger. You will hear a slight whistling noise under partial throttle.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you are taking off the tubes, take 10 minutes to thoroughly clean the TB's. Use sensor safe TB cleaner and a white cotton rag. Prop open the buttterfly's with a rag and spray and clean until it comes out white.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
chuck, that was the funniest thing i heard all day. poor bastard is probably scratching his head wondering if he points the roe insignia towards the bumper or the windshield. Oh and insigna, when you figure out which way they go finally, take those anodized blue shark nozzles from nitrous express and tap them into the sides of those pretty smooth tubes, toss about 1050 psi worth of nitrous and gas into them and HOLD THE FU*K ON !!!!!

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
chuck, that was the funniest thing i heard all day. poor bastard is probably scratching his head wondering if he points the roe insignia towards the bumper or the windshield. Oh and insigna, when you figure out which way they go finally, take those anodized blue shark nozzles from nitrous express and tap them into the sides of those pretty smooth tubes, toss about 1050 psi worth of nitrous and gas into them and HOLD THE FU*K ON !!!!!

Wow, glad I could amuse you. Anyway, the tubes and filters are on/in, and I am impressed at the noticeable difference in throttle response. The car actually does feel faster. I have done intake mods on vettes, camaros, and mustangs before, and none responded as well as this. I do not know if the filters from Roe, (flow 75% better than k&n), have anything to do with it, but there is a noticeable improvement. The car does hiss now like everyone said it would, and no, that's not why I think it feels faster. I am truly amazed with this cheap mod, I wasn't expecting much. :D

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now replace the rear muffler with pipes and get a little more sound (not too much) and a little more performance.

Is there any real gain from simply taking the muffler out of the equation, or is it just for more sound?

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your next mod will have to be Kumho Ecsta V700s out back, trust me on this.

I could not keep my Pilots on the road on the 1-2 shift, now I can punch it at 3500rpms in 1st gear and dead hook.
The 1-2 shift barks the tires, but stays straight.

Enjoy the new mods,

Howard

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now replace the rear muffler with pipes and get a little more sound (not too much) and a little more performance.

I replaced my rear muffler with an X-Pipe. You get a little performance gain, but I did it mostly for the sound.

Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant