Just Had Car Lowered - Question

SSR9999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had my car lowered today with just eibach springs (had alignment done afterwards) and it doesn't appear to be that much lowered than stock. Basically, it doesn't look that much different.

Question - does it not appear that it's (that much) lowered because the springs hasn't "settled"?

I'm beginning to think that i should've also gotten some caps.

Thank you for in advance for any insights.

P.S. - Car is a Gen 2.

Reaction score
I had my springs cut by Doug Levin. I added the new SRT 19" ers on the rear and then had it lowered. It definitely looks lower than it did when I first put the 19's on but doesn't look lower than when the 18"s were on. The ride is how I can tell. It definitely feels better and grippier.

Did you check the spring heights before getting them put on? Compare the heights. You might need a 1 1/2 turn taken out or shorter springs.

Reaction score
Did you loosen all the control arms and re tighten them at loaded ride height? Eibachs will settle about 1/4" at times so try the above and drive it a little.

OP
OP
S

SSR9999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you loosen all the control arms and re tighten them at loaded ride height? Eibachs will settle about 1/4" at times so try the above and drive it a little.

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

I had the local Viper Tech replace the springs (which are the Eibach Pro Kit) at my local Dodge dealership (Reeds Brother Dodge in Rockville). So i don't know whether he had loosen all the control arms and re-tighten them at loaded ride height. QUESTION - can i do this myself? That is, loosen all the control arms and retightened the control arms at loaded ride height?

Having driven the car since i've picked the car up, i would say that the car has dropped close to an inch. I can tell that the car has been lowered when i look at it from a distance, but i just thought it would look lower.

I will take some pictures tomorrow.

Thank you again!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed eibachs too. They do settle amd the alignment does need to be done after that

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having done this a couple of times now here is my two cents. Get both springs and caps. Guys that are afraid to go low end up regretting not putting caps on as well. SRT's tend to look lower than GEN II's (maybe that is perception). Do as Mark said, loosen and then retighten bolts under load. Drive a lil while then get an alignment as the eibachs do tend to settle a little after driving for a lil while.

Hope this helps anyone still debating lowering springs/caps.

:usa:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang