WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO , SORRY JUST HAD TO DO IT. MY GUESS
IS $94,999.00

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would be very smart to make it so that the MSRP combined with every option and gas guzzler tax still makes it under $100K out the door.

I'm guessing $88,950. :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Official pricing is out! $83,145 for roadsters and $83,895 for coupes. Thank you SRT for the low price! 600hp for that price is amazing. Even people that do not want the 08 can get a very nice discount on a 06 very soon!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a party pooper...but since they have stopped production on the 08's due to engine problems...it might not make a difference what the msrp is for some time....:rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a party pooper...but since they have stopped production on the 08's due to engine problems...it might not make a difference what the msrp is for some time....:rolleyes:

Where did you read this? I'd hate to think the quality is no longer job 1 (waves to Ford).

How will we EVER win LeMans again with all this shoddy QC? :dunno:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See my other thread, "***? $3.00 piston rods?" for quality issues.

Look guys, the Viper is a very limited production car in a class of cars that either charge over $250,000 for similar performing cars (F430) or from companies making 25,000 units/yr (Porsche & Vettes). The 08 was rushed into production as a response to the Z06. The 08 had a limited budget and limited time frame to reach production. Dont get me wrong, I love Vipers and I will work w/ DC. :usa:

I cannot not go into where I heard 08 production has ceased due to engine problems.:cool: The good news is that they are addressing the problems.:) Sooner or later the information about this issue will surface for the Viper faithful. DC will correct the problem and release one monstrous Gen 4 car that will not fail under hard driving like our current competition...so for right now, lets just grin and bear it.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look guys, the Viper is a very limited production car in a class of cars that either charge over $250,000 for similar performing cars (F430) or from companies making 25,000 units/yr (Porsche & Vettes). The 08 was rushed into production as a response to the Z06. The 08 had a limited budget and limited time frame to reach production. Dont get me wrong, I love Vipers and I will work w/ DC. :usa:

I cannot not go into where I heard 08 production has ceased due to engine problems.:cool: The good news is that they are addressing the problems.:) Sooner or later the information about this issue will surface for the Viper faithful. DC will correct the problem and release one monstrous Gen 4 car that will not fail under hard driving like our current competition...so for right now, lets just grin and bear it.

Wow, pretty serious allegations . . . . As someone with a 2008 on order, please share your source and the nature of the problem as soon as possible. Thanks.

/Rich

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, pretty serious allegations . . . . As someone with a 2008 on order, please share your source and the nature of the problem as soon as possible. Thanks.

/Rich
These are not allegations in the traditional sense, just facts. I think the 08 Viper is a work of genius and on the leading edge of technology. The delays in production may be something very minor and simply DC wanting to get everything near perfect before they release the most impressive production sports car on the planet in history! As far as my sources go, I simply heard this thru a reliable source, and that is all I will say. Contact Dodge directly concerning your order.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are not allegations in the traditional sense, just facts. I think the 08 Viper is a work of genius and on the leading edge of technology. The delays in production may be something very minor and simply DC wanting to get everything near perfect before they release the most impressive production sports car on the planet in history! As far as my sources go, I simply heard this thru a reliable source, and that is all I will say. Contact Dodge directly concerning your order.

Black mamba --

Thanks. To our VCA officers who have been so helpful in the past regardingthe 2008s, is there any way to shed some light on this? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

/Rich

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow I thought that SRT did not like me because of some of the things I said but you are going to take the cake. Nothing against you personally but I hope your source is credible because if not some of the people on here might get very "*****" to say the least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas