K&N Filter only or entire K&N Intake...best option?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Looks like the K&N intake for an '08 is around $500. Seems like folks are choosing to replace the filters ONLY with the K&N and not opting for the entire intake swap. Who has experience with this? I did a search and found that an RX-8 filter fits...? Does the full intake give any additional power over replacing the filters alone?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1. I was considering doing the mod also, but from all the research I've done I decided to stay with the stock set up. Apparently the Viper is just 1 of those cars where they actually used a fully functional air intake that doesn't require being replaced.

Save the money to put towards the exhaust side.

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great! It's not often you have buddies talking you OUT of spending money on an upgrade. Sounds like exhaust or the Mopar ECU would be a better use of money. Thank you!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! It's not often you have buddies talking you OUT of spending money on an upgrade. Sounds like exhaust or the Mopar ECU would be a better use of money. Thank you!

Stripes add about 15 HP, and 30 MPH to your top speed!

I heard the K&N + smooth tubes to Stock GTS help it breathe a little better, but still no extra HP gain.

Call Jon B and see what he suggests!

-Tim

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen's I II III benefited from K&N. Gen IV not so much.

Simple smooth tubes on gen II also were good power generators, with little downside.

I have a set of K&N's that came on the 09 I bought. While they do not add hp, I have left them on simply because they are so beautiful.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had them installed now for about a year, no HP gain just looks as said by SilveRT8
You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dom...just to clear any confusion, Carlo's results are for a Gen III. The guys in this thread are talking about Gen IVs

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the full set up on my 09... while the increase in HP is not noticable the look is great. When you open your hood for someone the BLING is there.

Also there is a slight difference in sound at acceleration with the set up. For $500.00 is is better upgrade than chrome bezels, shifter ring and cup holder. lol wait I have them too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang