K+N filters, difference to stock ?

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put K&N's in my 97 GTS and do think it helps the car breath easier (also put smooth tubus on at the same time). Cheap mod = go for it!
smile.gif

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">On my car, with back to back dyno runs and no other changes, 10 RWHP versus mildly used (&lt;2K) stock filters.</FONT f>

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all the comments on the S&B's. I compared them to the K&N's, easy choice. The Roe red smooth tubes are also trick and can be aquired as a package with the filters from Sean Roe.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just received my S&B filters today from Roe Racing. They are definitely good quality - gasket is cleanly molded and the filter is deep.

Planning to instll tomorrow but first have to confirm if they come "pre-oiled" as I neglected to order the service kit. Can anyone with past experience confirm?

If not, I'll be running around the local parts stores or I may just have to dive over to see if the Wizard can fix me up.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All, Yes indeed the S&Bs are the best, but lets face it, all of the basic mods,filters,tubes, Vec Calibraters,Hi flo cats, Borla exhaust Don"t add up to a hill of sh*t compared to A set of 3.55 gears!!!! I have raced my friends stock GTS against mine, and we were dead even, after all of the mods, except gears,now he looks at my tail lights...One thing for sure, the Borla sure makes my car sound as fast as it looks...AL...00PROWLER...

OP
OP
O

Oli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you - I will probably go for the K+N's,
since I get them here easy. No idea where to get
the S&B's in Europe or germany ...