K40 Undetectable. Any using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the reputation of the Valentine 1, but in my RT/10 with the top usually off, I see this as a real pain. Plus tucking the Valentine away when I park the Viper probably means putting it into the trunk every time. The K40 Undetectable looks attractive in that the sensors are hard mounted in the front and rear of the car with the indicator lights tucked away in the dash area. Looks pretty theft proof.
Seems like this would be a good way to go and leave it permanently installed in the Viper.

I think at one time I saw a couple of K40s in some sig files and was wondering:

1. How hard is it to install the remote sensors in a Viper? The rear sensor looks harder to hide. The front sensor should be just an inside the grill mount.

2. Does the system really hide itself well in the car? Just wanted to know if the detector is really unobtrusive.

2. How is the performance? I have seen good and bad test reports on the K40. Wondering if anyone has some real life experience.

Thanks for any feedback,
Jim

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

I installed a Passport SR1 in my 01 GTS and it seems to be working really well. You might want to check it out. The remote sensors mount in the front fascia and over the rear license plate. Looks really good and VERY HARD to see. I mounted the receiver on the upper side of the steering column.
I am located in N.R.Hills and had it done at Hawk. Email me if you want more info.

C Stegall

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has both the K40 and Valentine in his 911 Turbo. He said the K40 falses so much, he leaves it off and depends on the Valentine instead. I don't have any first hand experience with the K40, but also love my Valentine!

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a K40 front and rear undetectable in my Dually. It is a pile of $h!t. It falses so much. I also turn it off and just use the Valnetine. I can not say anything about the Passport as I have never tried it. The Valentine also falses a lot but nothing like the K40. I disconnected my rear unit on the K40 and it helps as I read somewhere that when you have both the front and rear sensors on the K40 it tends to make them set each other off. I can be in the middle of no-where hauling my racecar... 300 miles from anything and it will go off. Scrap it and get the Passport or Valentine. I have seen those custom Valentine installs where they put it in the mirror and those look nice. Not much more than a whole K40 setup.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang