Keep those seat belts on or maybe not

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the lighter side of things.
I'm finally exploring all the capabilities of the Viper.
Today i took a ride on a somewhat lonely road and decided to see how the viper would handle a left to right double lane switch at abot 55 mph or so. I must say the car was excellent but the passenger happened to have her seat belt off. well she actually came off the seat and if the console was not there she would have wound up in my lap. I would not have minded if we were stopped but not at 55 mph.
devil.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neil:
On the lighter side of things.
I must say the car was excellent but the passenger happened to have her seat belt off. well she actually came off the seat and if the console was not there she would have wound up in my lap.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lighter? Sorry to spoil the mood:

ALWAYS wear your belts, and be sure your passengers are belted. Please. There are similiar Viper stories, but with injury and even fatal results.

OP
OP
V

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B,
I totally agree with you and believe me i did let her have it for not wearing her belt, but what really astonished me was the quickness of the car during the lane change and her body actually lifting from the G force. I haven't seen that before and i have had plenty of high performance cars.

But you're right it may seem funny now that nothing happened, but i'm sure a less experienced driver might have had different results.