Kentucky speedway 11-4?

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heard is you buy 40.00 worth of stuff in the gift shop then you get a couple of laps around the track. Anyone going? Heard last year there were several Vipers there!

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This spring I went with friends. We had 2 Vipers, 4 or 5 Prowlers, 1 Lambo, 1 Cobra repl. Was a lot of fun, safety crew was friendly. The pix on their website were of us! (see below) You are supposed to get 3 laps for the $40.

You must be registered for see images

I believe the next is 11/8 (Sat) not 11/4 (Tue) and we plan to go again. Let me know if you'd like to join us as we'll be going together, would be great to meet all local Vipers!

Here is a link to pix from this spring:
http://rapachfamily.com/Prowler/KYSpeed2003/kyspeed2003catalog.html

Here is one pic:
You must be registered for see images

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find out the date for sure, I would love to come! maybe I can round up the 4-5 Viper owners here in Louisville to come as well.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is 11/8 Saturday. Check out:

www.kentuckyspeedway.com

Let me know if you do want to join us, and I'll check with our organizer about times and any other details. Otherwise the track details are on their website.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a Viper or Lamborghini right? My dad has the fatser car for now ( 2001 Bonneville SSEI. ) It is not as fast as a Lambo or Viper but can do 140mph. I have been on boards for a while. Mind if I joing some of you all for some laps and to put faces on the names?

( p.s. How fast are the pace laps? )

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a lead and trailing vehicle supposed to keep you around 60mph. They were a little lenient (sp?) with us and gave a little room to back off and speed up. Some of the guys let some of the safety crew ride and even DRIVE their car!

Fran, you can drive ANY car, even an '83 Reliant K. This is not just for neat cars.

I'll keep you all up on the time we will be going and details for those interested in joining.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going to meet at the ******* Barrell in Florence at noon, have lunch and drive to the track to arrive 2ish.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to go but don't have a Viper. Would anyone be willing to take me for a few laps around the track? Went for first ride just last week...( It was wicked awesome. ) Or if you don't want me to ride, I'll be happy to take your Viper around for a lap...LOL

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Kentucky speedway 11-4?...Andy / Anyone

I am really looking foward to meeting you all tomorrow. I am coming down from Cincinnati. In your opinion, would it be better to meet in Florence ( ******* Barrel ) or at the track? I am thinking at the restaurant to see the cars - get to know people - and to convince someone to take me for a lap or two in a Viper ( Or if God is listening, a LAMBORGHINI!!! ). Anywho, you mentioned meeting at ******* at about Noon...is this still the meeting time? Also, still leaving for track arrival appx. at 2pm? Anyhow that's about it. Looking foward to tomorrow...Francisco

p.s. Andy, I rode in a Viper. It is one of two ultimate dream cars. ( The other a Lamborghini ). So if someone brings one, do you think it at all would be possible to snag a lap in one? Any and all info greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
K

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Kentucky speedway 11-4?...Andy / Anyone

see you all there! Bringing some vette guys with me.