kenwood indash with navi and back-up camera

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I bought a Kenwood KVT-516 Indash along with KNA-G610 Garmin Navi, Bluetooth, Sirius and BOYO VTL375 (Rear View Camera License Plate Frame) for my 02 RT/10, before installation I would also like to replace the sub, door speakers and amp, any recommendations on what will fit without any mods???

ScreetHoPrez

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Kenwood KVT-614 with the GNA-510 Garmin Nav. In the doors I have the JL C5 5 1/4" mids with JL ZR tweeks on a JL 300/4 and it sounds great.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for something that fits in real east, Rockford makes a nice speaker that will just slide right in. Had them on my Gen 1 and they were actually pretty good. Theyw were 5 1/4" and had a built in tweeter. I know they still make the same size. The "Hertz" 5 1/4 fit my Gen 3 real well, so you could try those. Hertz is probably about the nest sounding car speaker I have ever heard. Unbelievable power and range without distortion.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for something that fits in real east, Rockford makes a nice speaker that will just slide right in. Had them on my Gen 1 and they were actually pretty good. Theyw were 5 1/4" and had a built in tweeter. I know they still make the same size. The "Hertz" 5 1/4 fit my Gen 3 real well, so you could try those. Hertz is probably about the nest sounding car speaker I have ever heard. Unbelievable power and range without distortion.

did you change the sub woofer in the middle as well?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you change the sub woofer in the middle as well?

No, really I did not feel the need to. The Hertz were so powerful and punchy, and the compartment in the Viper is so small, I did not and it is fine. The Gen 3 sub is better than the Gen 1, but do one step at a time and see how things go. Add good door speakers and see. If more changes need to be made, then you can do that. I always found that when modifying making one change at a time allows you to find out what is working and what isn't.

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Polk Audio in my doors...the marine version. My last set of speakers in the doors got wet one time too many and turned to mush. These sound great and I don't have to worry about being caught in a pop-up storm.
Something to think about..
Todd

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put Polk Audio in my doors...the marine version. My last set of speakers in the doors got wet one time too many and turned to mush. These sound great and I don't have to worry about being caught in a pop-up storm.
Todd

Marine speakers in the RT 10 doors, good idea. I need to replace the speakers in my boat too, maybe I can get a quantity discount.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd

why was water getting in your door panel? is this a gen 1 issue or both gen 1 and 2? I live in Michigan, we get more than our fair share of pop-up storms...I found these and believe they would be somewhat water resistant since they're for a bike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-1-...otorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_836

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96