KN intake sound ect.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a KN intake and cooler thermostat and the first thing I noticed when driveing was the beautiful whooshing sound of air entering the intake that wasnt their with the stock intake and kn filters combo I had prior.

Not gonna go on a limb and say it sounds like a turbo or anything. But it is a VERY noticable engine sound change and quite plesant..

So with such a beautiful new sound I popped the hood to see you can barely tell the thing is their.

I got the noodle working a lil bit and came up with an idea to modify my intake surround to look almost scale like. Unfortunetly my actual skills wernt up to par with my brains thought process and the end result Im actually not to proud of.

What I envisioned looking scale like actually just looks rough and unfinished.

Nevertheless it's mine built by my hands and I claim it (though I may have a qualified shop fix my mistakes in the future)LOL

Here it is..BE KIND...

YouTube - Kn filter intake

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweet! Looks AWESOME!

Draws some attention away from the new motor though.

Jussayin'

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put my K&N on Wednesday but didn't notice much difference in sound. Only time I really heard is when the hood was open and you could really hear it sucking in air. I like it though.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my sound is very very very noticable. But I have roller rockers and exhaust with not cats. So maybey that has somthing to do with it?

Its only at low speeds and only when I first depress the gas pedal. But love the new swooshing sound.

I also have the 2008 style hood with the larger openings. So who knows why but I love it!

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I first noticed the sound when I first changed my filter. Wasn't there before but was a pleasant sound to hear.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister, now it's time to paint the valve covers yellow!!! :D

Get the correct yellow (matching the car color) if you do paint anything else. Some auto paint stores will make aerosol cans for you with your car's actual color or you can buy those little sprayers with an aerosol top and a glass container attached. They're pretty cheap and I think Home Depot has them. Get a pint of paint and go to work. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else not like the yellow zip ties...i thought they looked alright..but if it looks bad please let me know

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else not like the yellow zip ties...i thought they looked alright..but if it looks bad please let me know
I think painting the strut brace and the valve cover will do the trick, you can do with out the zip ties, but remember is your car if you like them thats all it matters.Cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960