Labor Day Weekend Car Show

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This Sunday 9/5, there will be a car show put on by the Culpeper VFD on Davis St in Old Town Culpeper. Street will be shut down. I have no idea of how many cars but it is usually a pretty good turnout with some nice cars. If you NoVa guys are looking for something to do over this long weekend come join me since I'm tired of always being the only Viper that shows up and ignored.
Rain date will be Monday.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Sunday 9/5, there will be a car show put on by the Culpeper VFD on Davis St in Old Town Culpeper. Street will be shut down. I have no idea of how many cars but it is usually a pretty good turnout with some nice cars. If you NoVa guys are looking for something to do over this long weekend come join me since I'm tired of always being the only Viper that shows up and ignored.
Rain date will be Monday.

I could make that. Any registration or is it just a show-up thing?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to make it! Sundays I can do (usually)....

I went down last year but couldn't find the place (no signs) and no map on my part.... Fun trip though, as I recall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This show is smack dab in the middle of town where Main St intersects with Davis St. Main St is Rte 29 Business. Can't miss it. Weather is looking great. :headbang:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a really well supported show with a good turn out of classics from all ages. I made it down around 10:30, met up with V10 PWRD and chatted for a while. Wish I had my camera as there were plenty of photo ops. I hope he took a few pics.....

The best part for me was the back-road cruise home and of course, the run up to Thorton Gap from Sperryville....(There's nothing like a fast mountain climb)! Great day all-around.

OP
OP
V

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great seeing you Jim. Thanks for coming out. There were 165 cars that eventually showed. Same old story when it came to the judging. I was sure that GT 40 would take best of show but neither he nor myself got even a mention. Two very unique cars being we had the only models there with no competition but the trophies went to a lot of late 2000 models and a couple 2010's. Kind of sours you on entering shows and also have to wonder about the judging. I guess the old saying "it's who you know" is true.
Oh well....HP Challenge coming up along with an all Mopar show on the 25th at the Chrysler dealer here in Culpeper.
Maybe see you guys in Richmond on the 25th.
:2tu: