Laser/Radar scrambler

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have a laser/radar scambler installed? I have a friend with a Black 06 that has one and he swears by it.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some laser scramblers (******, Blinder, and some others) work and are legal in most states

Any radar scrambler that works is illegal in all states.

Any product made by Rocky Mountain Radar does not work.

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since 9/11 to have a device that scrambles radar is a federal crime. I have the ****** as well as the K40 Laser units and they have worked great on both vehicles. It is really cool when you are notifed of Laser and it stops and you get hit again and then you pass the officer while looking at what appears to be a broken laser gun.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since 9/11 to have a device that scrambles radar is a federal crime. I have the ****** as well as the K40 Laser units and they have worked great on both vehicles. It is really cool when you are notifed of Laser and it stops and you get hit again and then you pass the officer while looking at what appears to be a broken laser gun.

I agree that since 9/11 radar scramblers (that work) are illeagle. The fines are substantial and I think they may even want to jail offenders.

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use many types of radar detectors and I agree with the statement that Rocky Mountain Units do not scramble anything, but will detect laser and radar enough to help keep you out of trouble...

G

grcforce327

DO NOT BY ANYTHING FROM "Rocky Mountain Radar"!!!THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
almost as long as radar has been in use any device that actively scrambles radar or laser has been illeagel(not just since 9-11, long before)

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any opinions regarding the brush on coatings against laser for your lights and license plates. I think there is one called, Veil. There are also anti-laser license plate plastic covers that are supposed to help. Does anyone use these products?

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any product made by Rocky Mountain Radar does not work.

The poster above is 100% correct, RMR or Rocky Montain Radar is a fraud company, Scramblers do not work - period. Buy the Valentine-1 and be done with it and no, I do not work for Valentine nor do I recieve any kickbacks or freebies by making this endorsement.

-Good luck

Last edited:

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the laser cloaking device known as the blinder. It is legal and works great! Not a scrambler or radar jammer - laser only.

I got mine at www.blinder.net

I tested it with a cop friend of mine. :)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the laser cloaking device known as the blinder. It is legal and works great! Not a scrambler or radar jammer - laser only.

I got mine at www.blinder.net

I tested it with a cop friend of mine. :)
They say on their site that laser needs a reflective area like a plate or headlight...that's not true. I got lased in my TR with no light or plate. $150. Didn't have the ****** on that day, my mistake. The cop said that he targets the right front bumper, which is painted red on my car. Shiney, yes. Reflective, no. I would be wary of anything that claims to jam them. How does it suppose to work? What is the 'receiver' on the laser gun that you can access with a jammer? Radar is a two way signal. Laser is a direct signal, in the blink of an eye. I think its foolproof. You gotta watch for the setup vehicle, which in my case, was a car under an overpass in the shade with the trunk up and a cop standing by his door almost totally blocked by the trunk. He jumps in, has auto trunk drop, and the chase is on. I was doing 80 in a 55. Ouch.:dunno: Funny thing is, I was just passed by a black Mitsu who must have been going 90+ to pass me, on the inside. The cop said he just targets vehicles in the lane closest to him and didn't see the Mitsu...yea, right.
Since laser guns must target a reflected area, such as the license plate or headlight, with a very small laser beam (one not more than 18 inches wide).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang