Latest Hen----y junk...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard enough about Hennessey's reputation that I'd only buy one of his products second hand - already built, complete and delivered. That said, there is collector interest in his Vettes. Personally, I think the Hennessey Vipers look terrible with that awful Jay Leno cariacture fascia.

A prominent designer pointed out John Hennessey to me at a VOIX dinner. If he's so hated, why in the world would he come to VOI?
The almighty dollar.With the mark up he gets (alot of times for doing one quarter of what the customer has paid for )all he needs is a few new Viper owners (read about his cars in major mags )to score a nice hit for the year.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The almighty dollar.With the mark up he gets (alot of times for doing one quarter of what the customer has paid for )all he needs is a few new Viper owners (read about his cars in major mags )to score a nice hit for the year.

For instance years ago a customer from out of state would ship him a Viper for a complete stroker engine job .HMS was famous for doing everything above the valve covers (noticeable to the customer )and nothing below (how many people are going to disassemble an engine to check if an upgraded bottom end is installed.)All in all some poor sole has paid 35 grand (or more )for headers exhaust and bigger throttle bodys and a set of roller rockers.By the time the customer figured it out (usually because the car was not making the power it was supposed to or there was some kind of mechanical issue involving pulling the heads or the pan )months or years has gone by.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For instance years ago a customer from out of state would ship him a Viper for a complete stroker engine job .HMS was famous for doing everything above the valve covers (noticeable to the customer )and nothing below (how many people are going to disassemble an engine to check if an upgraded bottom end is installed.)All in all some poor sole has paid 35 grand (or more )for headers exhaust and bigger throttle bodys and a set of roller rockers.By the time the customer figured it out (usually because the car was not making the power it was supposed to or there was some kind of mechanical issue involving pulling the heads or the pan )months or years has gone by.

I think you forgot about the rear end gearing

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met a guy with a black '06 w/ a Hefner TT system, he had taken delivery of the car during the Texas Mile Shootout in Goliad, Texas. The first time he drove it was to the Tech inspection, then to the starting line, and ran 203mph, on pump gas!

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met a guy with a black '06 w/ a Hefner TT system, he had taken delivery of the car during the Texas Mile Shootout in Goliad, Texas. The first time he drove it was to the Tech inspection, then to the starting line, and ran 203mph, on pump gas!

I think Kelly's car is a 04 Mamba. It's seen a few upgrades since then. :2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason (Heffner )is a nice guy and a GREAT TUNER -first class the entire way.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would add Underground Racing to that short list. They are the Kings of Turbo Vipers.:2tu:
Yeah no kidding, they only have about every Viper record in the books. They build some **** mean machines. If I was going to get a TT Build it would go there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS