Launch RPMS for a Gen 3

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is a good launch RPM for a Gen 3.
I know if I go too low she drags at first and if im too high i just sit there, spin and turn sideways. Trying to find the sweet spot. Opinions?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have asked this before, and while I'm no expert drag racer in this car, I found about 2,500 with a fast slip (not dump) of the clutch and little feathering of the throttle works pretty well for my car.
Then again, it's all going to depend on conditions, temp, tires, mods, etc. At least you can try mine as a starting point.
This is one of the toughest cars I've owned to launch though. With the tq these things have, you have to be damn near perfect to avoid at least some bog or blowing the tires off.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the best results by leaving the line just a bit off idle, and modulation of the clutch and throttle as you search for traction.

No firm and easy answer to this as the available traction determines the amount of throttle, and the speed of the clutch release.

Fresh tires get off the line better than older/harder ones. Air temperature changes available horsepower. Run flats are different than standard tires due to firmer sidewalls.

It is more of an art than a science.

WIth practice you get better. Some people have almost a magical touch, others are a bit more ham ******.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the best results by leaving the line just a bit off idle, and modulation of the clutch and throttle as you search for traction.

No firm and easy answer to this as the available traction determines the amount of throttle, and the speed of the clutch release.

Fresh tires get off the line better than older/harder ones. Air temperature changes available horsepower. Run flats are different than standard tires due to firmer sidewalls.

It is more of an art than a science.

WIth practice you get better. Some people have almost a magical touch, others are a bit more ham ******.

gen3s are darn fast even stock. but easily the hardest car ive ever 14 miled. with just slcks one guy went 11.2 at 124 mph otherwise stock. but on regular tires most of us will run 12.2 at 119 mph bogging first gear and loseing traction on the 1 to 2 shift. right off idle on stock rubber worked best for me