Launching on street tires

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 GTS has pilot tires. The car is lowered as well. It also has a paxton SC and a bunch of other goodies. So here's a dumb ?. How does one launch one of these cars on the street. There is no way I can dump the clutch-that's a given. So I feather it and off I go. But when I hit second at 5600 (short shift kit as well), the car will break loose and drift to the left. I can let off a tad and feather it so it does not come all the way around. But this is kind of nerve racking at 55 mph. So is there some techique to this or should I get new tires and live with it.
Thanks

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Niiiice and easy :) Street tires just aren't made for that amount of power. Enjoy the drifting!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better get new stickier tires. I already have mine waiting for my Roe blower because pilots will not stick with that much hp.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag radials will help a little but not much. You could probably do a killer 3rd gear burnout at the next car show with the pilots before you get rid of them.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been told by many informed sources that BFG Drag Radials are the stickiest street tire out there. Period.
:headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang