Lazy rear glass rods

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear glass support rods have not held up the glass when open since I bought the car (I bought it used). Is there a way to recharge the nitrogen in the pistons or will I have to just buy new ones? I hate to sound cheap, but if I can fix it without being price gouged by MOPAR I'd be alot happier.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy these at Auto Zone or other auto parts stores for less than MOPAR. I don't believe you can "recharge" them.
Pete the ex glass guy

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I hate holding the glass up with my head and was afraid they would be super expensive ($30 each isn't bad).

Frank

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ironhand,

I know what you mean by "Vipertax." :D Those gas cylinders aren't serviceable. The seals are probably shot anyway. I had the gas struts go out on the camper shell of my truck. Went back to the place I bought the camper shell from and they wanted 40 bucks a piece. Then went to a local auto parts store and brought the strut in with me and got one with the same length and travel for $25 each.

You can them through autozone.com for 24.99 each. CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER Good luck! :2tu: