leaded race fuel

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find unleaded racefuel in my area,would mixing 50% leaded racefuel with 50% unleaded 93 octane damege the catalytic converter or engine if done as a one time deal.Just wondering
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
I heard that over the counter octane boosters don't raise the octane rating more than .5,so they are not worth trying.

OP
OP
G

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm installing a Roe Super Charger this weekend and don't have the MSD boost timing Retard box yet,so I was hoping to get my octane up for a test drive.

OP
OP
G

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something like this? How much does it really increase your octane,I understand that 10 "points"= an increase in octane of one.

Super Octane Boost 104+ (16 oz.)

Designed for off-road use in 2 and 4 cycle Sport Gasoline Engines. Increases octane effect up to 7 points. Extra concentrated for high-compression engines. Stops knocks, pings, run-on, and overheating caused by low octane fuels. Cleans fuel injectors and carburetors. Dynamometer tests show Super 104+ significantly increases horsepower in high-compression engines. Safe for fuel cells, liners, gaskets, o-rings, catalytic converters and oxygen sensors. Does not contain lead, alcohol, aniline, toluene or MTBE. Treats up to 22 gallons
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GASDOC,

I've heard the same as you about octane boosters but if you read the 104 website the guy claims they got the name from increasing the then 96-98 octane gas to 104 octane with 1 bottle??????
Who knows???

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hace had experience with 110 race fuel at the track with my 68 cuda 340. I always ran 5 gallons of race fuel to 5 gallons of 92. Then I tried just running pump gas and the car is faster. I have 10.25 to 1 comp at 41 degrees total timing and pump gas is good enough. The thing about race fuel is it burns slower. In high compression engines this is neccessary because of the extra heat. If you don't have a lot of comp, it will actually rob power. The lower octane burns faster with lower comp and will give you more power. I went from 12.093 at 112mph to 11.86 at 113.54 mph. Don't waste your money. It is a good insurance policy against detonation but won't always give you more performance.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Occasional use should be no problem to your cats or sensors. I've done it many many times and sold thousands of gallons of 110 leaded that was run through late model stuff. You may get by with a lot less than 50-50 mix.

Reaction score
Hani check around the gas stations close to Union Hill (music city raceway) I'm sure they will have some. If not I know for a fact that the stations around beach bend have race fuel. I remembering SW and I stopping to get gas there close to the track for the VOI Drags and seeing it. I think it was like 3.51 a gallon. Just a thought your only like 45 minutes from the track right? If you would like me to I'm a lot closer than you just give me a call and I could run up there and get you some. Give me a call!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc