LED Lights

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an '03 SRT. Looking to freshen up the lights ( turn signals, taillights...). Seems LED lights would be an easy way to give it a fresh and current look. I've searched in the past and didnt find much without some major reconstruction, but since I just took her out for her first drive of 2012, I'm in update NY, I started thinking about it again.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Not looking for anything too drastic. Just want to give it a more current look.

Thanks

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait for gen 5 and use that setup on yours if you want updated look....

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too would like to know what LED size bulbs would be the right fit for the front turn signal and running light in the headlights. I want to get rid of the orange and just go with a bright white. The rear turn signals and the reverse would be lovely too. I just want to change them all to a bright white LED bulb. Any suggestions would be great.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get lost in all the different bulb sizes... I may seem to be lazy, but does anyone know the right bulb sizes for a Gen 3 (2004)?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get lost in all the different bulb sizes... I may seem to be lazy, but does anyone know the right bulb sizes for a Gen 3 (2004)?

Go to Sylvania's website - they have a nice interactive tool that will give you all the sizes.

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems liKes I'm not the only one. I've seen those sight but does anyone know if they are simply replacement or do you Need to do mods. I remember seeing some that needed some additional relays or something like that. Also if anyone has some pics that would be great.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with LEDs in the turn signals is usually the load, and how the flashers interpret that load. LEDs present a very low load compared to a filament bulb, so you might need a new electrical or electro-mechanical flasher to handle the flashing. You'll know if it is a problem right away if you plug in the LEDs, flip the turn signal lever, and they don't flash. If that's the case, you'll need to locate the flasher and replace it with one that is compatible with LEDs. I don't know anything about the OEM flashers in these cars, but I'm sure others have tried it...

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? If please share how you did and it how it worked out.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on going to sylvanias website. I use their tool to find bulb sizes for all my cars. Over a year ago I replaced the lame yellowish license plate lights with white LEDs. That made such a nice difference that my dad ordered a pair for his corvette.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on going to sylvanias website. I use their tool to find bulb sizes for all my cars. Over a year ago I replaced the lame yellowish license plate lights with white LEDs. That made such a nice difference that my dad ordered a pair for his corvette.

That's one of the first things I did when I bought mine...license plate, interior, and side markers have all been replaced. I'll do the tails and backup lights too, but will probably leave the turn signals alone.

KurtZ RT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I blacked out my taillights so to adjust for the tint I had to make the lights brighter and installed superbright colored LEDs the number of bulbs 3157 dual circuit. 6-red, 2-yellow, 2-white you will need to change the flasher. Or you will need to make an adjustment on the flasher by changing the resistance
You must be registered for see images attach

The flasher is in the steering .it is covered by the plastic housing behind the steering wheel. You can remove the flasher and take it apart, and you will find a wire loop inside take a dremel tool and thin out the wire inside about in halve. Till the flasher slows down to the right speed

Last edited:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without posting a link, where did you find those particular 3157 LEDs? They look like a fairly robust design with what should be a lot of light output.