Left, front quarter panel paint ?

mamba20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I was passing my hand around the car with a soft cloth, I noticed on the left front quarter panel that the paint/clear looked as if it had a run. It really isn't a run or drip but more as if they never wet sanded it well where the quarter panel curves downward towards the wheel. Obviously now I notice it more and more because I know it's there. It is on that angle where the fender curves down where I noticed it. Is this a factory/human error? It's kind of disapointing to see that on a brandnew car. I took the time to look around the entire car, and it is only the front left quarter panel that has it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem as well on their new snake? I'm not sure if there is really much I can do, or is there? I bought the car in Danville, VA from Blackwell Dodge. I flew up there last week to see the car and get put on to the truck. Looked over the car but didn't notice it. Maybee because of the excitement and the confidence of buying a new car, that one wouldn't really need to look for such a defect.

Any opinions, as always are greatly appreciated.

Nelson

OP
OP
M

mamba20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, just came in from the garage, and EYE automatically goes to that left quarter panel! You really need to look hard to see it, but I see it! Don't mean to complain like this, but I'm sure some of you would understand.

Anyways, anybody else with this unusual detail?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw some unusual paint marking also... Does it look like this???

1465DSC00501-med.JPG

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a brand new 80K car it should not be there. Fortunately it's a very easy fix. Take it to a local dealer and pursue a warranty "fix." A little wet sanding and it should be squared away. Just be sure the place that does the work has a competent body work crew.

OP
OP
M

mamba20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I felt the same way. My '93 and '96 cars had flawless paint.
18panel_finish2.jpg

Thats exactly how mine looks, but on the front left quarter panel.

So, this should be fixed as warranty? I'm going to call the dealer I bought it from in Virgina, and also call the local dealer here in Miami, Fl.

Does anyone in South Florida have a Dodge dealer of Preference? Reliable?

Thanks!

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nelson, I think it best not to let the Dodge dealer mess with this. Take it to your local Benz or BMW dealer, and let there paint and body crew do the wet sand and compound on it. The Dodge dealer may not have a good enough crew to do this simple fix correctly. It really doe's take a skilled pro to make this come out right, and if it's going to require actual painting, you may be better off leaving it alone. I hate paint blems, but some are easy to accept, when you see how badly repairing them can turn out.

Skip White

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32