Let my buddy drive my '99 ACR

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've owned 3 x Stealth TTs. I love those overweight pushing-pigs in wet or snow. One was featured in MoPar Performance news in 1991. Another was a Car and Driver scout vehicle on the ALCAN Hiway for an Iditarod story...I drove from Portland to Anchorage, 1699 miles, in 36 hrs 45 mins in WINTER. I still have that car. RTTTED bought my third. He loves em even more than I......

Have even used em for pace cars in numerous WET races, til PS2 grounded my Vipers in wet.

I have also owned over 15 Vipers, so I think I can say that I am better-qualified to provide an "INFORMED" comparison.

All I can say, is your friend's 'analysis' is pimple-wash at best, suitable for his writing style....and probably driving abilities

Last edited:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"All I can say, is your friend's 'analysis' is pimple-wash at best, suitable for his writing style....and probably driving abilities."

Now that right there is funny. It's about the funniest thing I've ever heard JonB say. I laughed out loud on that one.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned 3 x Stealth TTs. I love those overweight pushing-pigs in wet or snow. One was featured in MoPar Performance news in 1991. Another was a Car and Driver scout vehicle on the ALCAN Hiway for an Iditarod story...I drove from Portland to Anchorage, 1699 miles, in 36 hrs 45 mins in WINTER. I still have that car. RTTTED bought my third. He loves em even more than I......

Have even used em for pace cars in numerous WET races, til PS2 grounded my Vipers in wet.

I have also owned over 15 Vipers, so I think I can say that I am better-qualified to provide an "INFORMED" comparison.

All I can say, is your friend's 'analysis' is pimple-wash at best, suitable for his writing style....and probably driving abilities

Jon- You did not tell them about the EAGLE.....
PBR

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon- You did not tell them about the EAGLE.....
PBR

I in fact DO still have an AMC-Eagle Sport....(so does the Chrysler Museum)
Ted saw it next to my 1949 Dodge Fluid Drive sedan.

Subaru claims to be the "World's First Sport-Ute Wagon". BUNK!! AMC Eagle was IT.

Ironic that the AMC-Eagle engine team guy developed the Gen 1 Viper Motor!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeep had the most advanced 4 wheel drive system at that time? The only 4x system that was better than the Dodge Chaindrive, right?

One of my neighbors here lives in Portland and also owns an Eagle. He also swears by it.

The Stealth R/T TT AWD with All Wheel Steering is great for me, and the only 6 cylinders that I've ever owned. Although my Stealth is #1 for Winter I used my Green R/T TT for towing other cars to various car shows as well. I have NO plans on using the Viper for towing.
You must be registered for see images

as can be seen by this photo these cars are completely dissimilar. Different looks, different heights, Backseat in Stealth, Stealth looks like a "cabforward" design and is AWD/AWS.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom, I don't remeber the Chrysler name, the Mistu name was, "Hunter Green" and that was the one I went with, lol.

Thanks Kevin, would that be because I'm OLD, and fanatical and doin' this stuff all my life? like JonB?

Ted

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the Black 1991 Stealth R/T TT that I bought from JonB. It has less than 60,000miles on it. The Electronic Suspension has been upgraded to GAB racing shocks so it handles better. I've replaced the shifter boot, down-pipe, gutted the Cat, 'bumped' the boost and changed the stock BOV for an HKS SSQV. I changed the plastic intake Y for a polished aluminium unit. Car drives well and seems to get about 25mpgus at 80mph. It seems that the previous owner did the 60\k tun-up before I bought the car as well. Also came with new tires. I'm still getting used to the Red Leather interior, but I'm starting to like it.

I won't tell you how much I paid, except to say Jon made me a happy man and sold it to me for about half of what it's worth.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Daytona IROC R/T (Lotus headed 2.2 turbo) sold for about the same price as the Stealth TTs. Highend cars back then. Green TT owner told me that he bought the first one to California at $45,000US. He then spent about $45,000 on hp upgrades and improvements ... and sold it to me with 60K on it. Now I've got 120,000 miles on it.

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES..Jon B. reminds me I have to get his positive post up soon..been sick lately...actually for months-on and off- various health issues:(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted- or Jon- why are the RT LINE UP of early cars so hard to find? (Iroc,Spirit etc. from the early 90's?)

Those cars aren't so hard to find. I didn't like the open top RT10 so didn't buy one, but I have 3 Stealth R/T TTs and I kept a Black Daytona IROC R/T with 109,000kms. I also bought a 29,000kms TIII driveline because I got a cracked head. I "supertuned" my RED Daytona IROC R/T and sold it to a guy in Kamloops BC. My other buddy has a Hunter Green '93 Daytona IROC R/T in Kelowna. JonB still has a 93 Stealth R/T TT that I didn't buy from him. You just need to know where to look- like in my yard, LOL.

The Spirit R/Ts were only sold in US, Mexico and Brasil - not Canada.

There were only 432 (total) Daytona IROC R/Ts built - my 92 Black IROC R/T is one of 60.

While the Gen 2 RT10 Vipers were allowed into Canada from the US the Gen1 Vipers had front bumper issues and weren't allowed into Canada until the 15 year limit was due.

There were only a few thousands of Stealth R/T TTs built during the 5 years they sold. In '95 they built about 130 or so?

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
haha had forgotten my '93 caravan was hunter green :drive:

Was it fast? Some of those old (late 80s) turbo 2.2 mini vans were going 10, 11 and 12 seconds at the drag strips, lol. For a couple hundred bucks you could run those stock Turbos to 22psi boost with stock intercoolers and a VW coldstart injector.

Ted

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my favorite comment!!! hahaha page 2

"driven a 94 GTS a while back that my uncle owned..."

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i knew a guy who thought domino's pizza was the best pizza in the world

he was serious

Latest posts