Let's Have The Vca Send Dodge To The Ring With The Acr!!!!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, definitely Black w/ Graphite. I seriously doubt Ralph would take his own personal car there. I am sure if it is Dodge, they are mules.

F8l SNK: Black w/graphite stripeS or driver's stripe? If it's the latter, this should be Ralph Gilles and this is quite possible...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you buy a ticket from the office which the web camera is attached to for the number of laps you want to do that day, usually x5 is enough for most with cool down periods in between, its about $25 per lap, approx 13miles long, 145 corners, 1000feet difference from the highest to the lowest point on the track

the ticket go's in the box which opens the barrier, and set you loose, its actually classed as a toll road and not a track for some reason

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well what are the times?

your not allowed to time on these type of days, or even have an inboard vid camera, with all that traffic i doubt you see a good time anyway, and you dont complete a full lap either but pull up short at the end of straight to join the end of the queue and avoid others starting their lap, so you can only do one 'lap' at a time

to get a timed, full lap you need to hire the track by the hour like the manufacturers do

our club is there on the 31st, about 15 vipers and a SRT ram, should be fun !!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carrera GT
GT2
F430 Scuderia
ZR-1
Superleggerra

But either way, I do not think that is a winnable, challenge, depending on what cars show up. And I love the ACR. And who's driving? People should at least be on the same level of performance.

But for the record, I would like to see that happen with or without money at stake anyways, just a big all car club event.
I have a distinct feeling the above cars you mention will pose no threat to the ACR on a roadcoarse.Trust me wait a few months you will se exactly what iam talking about.Same day ,all the above cars listed same driver.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS i believe its well over a million dollars to send a car (support team ect )to the ring.This from what i understand is the only reason financially strapped Chrysler will not due it.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Road & Track did a comparison of 10 cars on 4 different tracks, the ACR faired very well, 2nd only to a LP560-4 Lambo...it was an OK article, when it comes to long stretched the ACR is limited with its massive downforce.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Times are tough....Dodge did the same back in the day with the Hemi.....

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a source? Dodge has always been a supporter of Viper Days and now with the 08 ACR I find it hard to believe they would void the warranty on a track driven ACR.

Viper Quarterly Magazine, Summer 2008 Edition, Page 20:

Warranty

As a final note, it's important that ACR owners understand that the manufacturer warranty does not cover any racing, track use and some adjustments from factory settings. Many people ask about this, especially since the Viper ACR was designed to rule the race track. The simple fact is that the high wear and the abusive environment of a race track or close course event makes it impossible to cover the ACR under warranty.
The goal of the ACR was to provide absolute performance at a price tag starting under $100K. Those that have looked around at aftrmarket pricing know the ACR is a bargain, especiallywith the understanding of all the design, development and durability testing that was undertaken by SRT.
There would simply be no way to offer the ACR anywhere close to this price and attempt to cover warranty due to track use.
We hope that ACR owners understand that this was the only way we could produce this car and meet your request for an all-out track car. Please take the time to review the ACR owner's manual with your dealer for the warranty details.

Chuck, I agree with you that this is not what we expected to find out but considering the seriously precarious financial shape Chrysler is in at the moment we should be exceedingly grateful to have the option of buying such a formidable track beast.

Just my $0.02

Phil

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome time!!! Who was driving and was this a individuals car or did Dodge send it over?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not sure of the exact number but i am willing to be that we have over 1000 members in the VCA.

if everybody just donated 50 dollars to the cause we could send dodge a check for 50k to sponsor a trip to the ring with the new acr and once and for all find out just how good this car is!!!

come on guys. i want to see this car kick ass on the ring and finally show a factory supported and verified time.

thoughts ???

regards
george ciamillo
Good idea but if they did not beat the Corvette ZR 1's recent record breaking time, there would be all sorts of excuses. Temp., humidity, driver error, bratwurst on an apex, etc.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
News from VOIX, they showed us the video UKVIPERFAN posted and it's true, the Viper was faster than any of the other cars. It's in Motor Trend in the issue just coming out today. They shipped the Vipers over, literally, a month before, some guys from SRT took their vacation time to go there, and they chose a driver from there to drive the ACR. The time he set was his first time driving it and in his interview after, he says it's like nothing he's driven before and he loved it.

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, why not go into 5th on the last straight? He was limited to 160mph, when he could have gotten up to 180-190mph at least. That, and 2 misshifts that I counted. I guess they should have gotten the first strike shift knob in there, haha.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha... some idiot in the motortrend forums thinks that "If the ZR1 had a professional driver" it would beat the ACR's time. :lmao:

He's kidding right? I don't think chevy let an novice drive a non-production ZR1 at the Ring. Might not have been a paid professional, but definately someone that knows their way around a track. Just like I doubt the guy in the ACR is a professional.

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, why not go into 5th on the last straight? He was limited to 160mph, when he could have gotten up to 180-190mph at least. That, and 2 misshifts that I counted. I guess they should have gotten the first strike shift knob in there, haha.

He let the car bounce off of the limiter NUMEROUS times. That and a missed shift that cost a second or so. Its all good......a record was set in a COMPLETELY FACTORY (with the exception of a sparco seat and a 6 point harness) ACR. Once again, good job Dodge on creating one hell of a car! :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the VCA sticker on the dashboard? Y2k5SRT....care to chime in?

Sure, why not? The VCA treasurer actually approached SRT a couple months ago after reading this and other threads - over and over again. Like many individuals here had already done, we offered to help Chrysler pay to send a car and team over there. Turns out they had already been discussing it internally. Guess what? Our enthusiasm helped finalize that decision. And the cost to the club? Prepare the video footage shot over there. It was SRT that suggested the decal on the dash. Is there anybody that still doubts the group's dedication to the Viper and its owners?

The folks at VOI got to see the finished product when we debuted the video just before Motor Trend published the raw footage. Goosebumps abounded as the video started with published times of Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti Veyron, and that Chevy thingie. The run included telemetry such as the lateral G's and down force. Ever seen a car generate 1200+ pounds of down force? The folks at VOI did and the cheers were deafening. The wrap up at the end with commentary from the driver (Tom Coronel) was awesome, including just a little dig at our Chevy friends across town. The VCA will make that video (suitable for your big screen TV) available very soon. Look for an abbreviated version on You Tube at some point soon.

Our thanks to Brian Paddock of Paddock Productions for the awesome video editing with very little time to do it. This run was done on August 18th and has a few other interesting facts to go with it:

1. Tom had never driven the ACR before.
2. He broke the record on his third lap in the car.
3. He missed two shifts (not just one).
4. He faced a pretty strong headwind on that final straight - so much so that the Viper's stock gearing and enormous down force made it impractical to use 5th gear.

Our thanks to the SRT folks for making so many dreams a reality tonight. We are honored that you allowed the VCA to play a role in such a momentous occasion.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha... some idiot in the motortrend forums thinks that "If the ZR1 had a professional driver" it would beat the ACR's time. :lmao:

He's kidding right? I don't think chevy let an novice drive a non-production ZR1 at the Ring. Might not have been a paid professional, but definately someone that knows their way around a track. Just like I doubt the guy in the ACR is a professional.

I stand corrected... the driver IS a pro, but it was his first time driving. Given that Nissan Porsche and chevy spend a heck of a lot more time there... is there ANY doubt Vipers kick @$$?

I love the whining I'm reading from the other car owners. :D

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Chris,

Great to finally meet you in person tonight and excellent job at keeping your lips sealed on this one!!

P.S. if you're ever wondering who to e-mail some hot potato like this to I'm just a pm away!

Regards,
Aaron