Lexus is back at the 'Ring...

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can take him!
Where's my Schwinn?!
Viper, Lexus, 'Vette...I don't care. That video of him coming through that cambered turn is badass, so cool to see the car fighting for grip as he powers out. I love this $#!t

MrBTG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And to add to that, there's been a helicopter with a gyro-cam buzzing around too. Whether the two are connected...? But it looks like he's going quick enough to set the stopwatch going at least... ;)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it features a fixed rear wing and mesh-style alloy wheels.
A new exhaust system does away with the central exit of the original system for two pairs of exits placed right underneath the rear lights!

RUH ROH!
Surely they are gonna bust our chops these crazy innovations!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen an LFA Ring edition on the street? Houston cars and coffee is one of the biggest in the country and we have seen everything from multiple Enzo's, McLaren F1's to one of Michael Shumachers actual Formula 1 Ferrari's, and I have yet to see a ring edition LFA.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen an LFA Ring edition on the street? Houston cars and coffee is one of the biggest in the country and we have seen everything from multiple Enzo's, McLaren F1's to one of Michael Shumachers actual Formula 1 Ferrari's, and I have yet to see a ring edition LFA.

I've yet to see a regular LFA out on the street.

-nighthawk-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how the LFA Nürburgring Edition (hell even the standard LFA) counts for a "production car" for the Nürburgring lap times. I think this version will take the record lap time, here's hoping SRT can get back there ASAP to claim it.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've yet to see a regular LFA out on the street.

I passed one outside of the track at Road Atlanta, but he wasn't running it at the track. I do have to say that it sounded absolutely insane when we passed though. Sound clips do not do that car justice and I can only imagine that thing at full song.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet to see one either. However I kinda live in the sticks, so I don't really count lol.. On BTG's Facebook, he said he suspected Lexus had a 30-60 minute private block scheduled. Anyone know what came of that hunch?

On a different note, I'd love to see the GTS-R run the Ring, just out of pure curiosity. Would be awesome to see how close it could get to the Zonda.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of LFA's at our our Coffee and Cars and then saw the guy running it at the Houston Mile. I was staged behind him at the starting grid. I must admit that it did sound absolutely fabulous despite its no so impressive half mile trap.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if the LFA beat the ACR. Records are meant to be broken.

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if the LFA beat the ACR. Records are meant to be broken.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but I love the fact that the ACR isn't some never seen unicorn of a car. It still blows me away how much SRT has been able to ring out of this platform over the years. I have a feeling it's going to get better also:D

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of LFA's at our our Coffee and Cars and then saw the guy running it at the Houston Mile. I was staged behind him at the starting grid. I must admit that it did sound absolutely fabulous despite its no so impressive half mile trap.

Yeh I've noticed 2 maybe 3 total at C&C, I wonder how many of the actual "Ring" editions have been sold.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prob would have heard something by now there are no secrets there.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...It still blows me away how much SRT has been able to ring out of this platform over the years. I have a feeling it's going to get better also:D

Absolutely. It will only get better. Lighter, stiffer and even smaller wheels to reduce all that spinning mass... they've got it covered. It will be great out of the box and better in time. I'm predicting a great overall performer.

Back on topic... LFA better beat it! They've got way too much money/time invested at this point and too much pressure on them now. It was already considered a failure with losing it after one week on top to a car no longer in production and this will only fuel that fire.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP;

Sooooo,
Did anybody ever hear more about this?
Are they narrowing in on our time or what? :dunno:

I keep thinking it's just a matter of time with their shop location and ability to test whenever they want, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte