Lifts

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm in the process of building a garage and was wondering what thoughts you had on lifts?

I have an 03 Duromax Dually ( a monster ),06 Denali and an 05 Viper SRT-10.......I want a lift that "will work" for all my vehicles. I'm in the market for a Viper Coupe as well.......

I'm a contractor, so building the garage to any specs is not a problem.

Do I want a "drive on" with ramps or a "two post" with forks.....my biggest concern is the Vipers of course.......I'm not sure that a two post is safe for lifting the Vipers?

Any in-put is greatly appreciated.

Thanks..........Ralph

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both in my garage. The four post is great for oil changes and doing things like transmission/engine work. Two post is fine for a Viper. It is great for susupension/brake work. I even change the oil with it. A two post is great for low ground clearance cars...especially race cars. I cannot get my Comp Coupe on a four post...at least the one I have-a Rotary, which is an excellent commerical quality lift.Live large (and safe)- have both!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the lift I use in my speed shop at AtRo Racing Products. It is of the pad type which means you drive over it and the 4 pads pick the car up. So far I have not had any car that I could not fit on the lift including a 2" lowered viper. It is made by Bend-Pak and is a model SP-7X. You can walk under it when it is raised up. Our other company sells then though you can buy them from many different places. The nice part of buying a Bend-Pak lift is that they are American made, not just assembled in America, unlike most other China made lifts. They also include freight in their prices delivered to your shop.

Robbie

http://www.members.aol.com/LiftProOfCT/PRODUCTS/BendPakProducts

SP-7X Lift http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=757

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Mohawk System I. It will handle your truck and your Viper very well. I did a lot of research on lifts. Mohawk is the Rolls Royce.Of course it cost more but I think it was well worth it. One great advantage the lift pads are only 3.5" from the floor. The arms will fit under most anything you may buy in the future.

When I put my wife's Escalade ESV on it, I was happy to have this beast.

It has a low height, chain driven, large foot print. If you check them out talk to Tim Malone. He was great to deal with. Has a vast knowledge of lifts and pros/cons.

Good luck.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Mohawk System I. It will handle your truck and your Viper very well. I did a lot of research on lifts. Mohawk is the Rolls Royce.

Mohawk is the only other lift I could find that wa manufactured and built in the USA. :2tu:

They are great lifts and we would have bought one except they have discontinued their sissor pad lift that we were looking to buy.

Also a note on the Bend-Pak lift I posted above. The smallest car that I have had on it is a Jeep Wrangler TJ which is smaller than a viper.

OP
OP
M

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys......I'm looking into the Mohawk two post lift for 10,000 pounds.....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Stinger and it was built in the US (Kansas I believe). Known more now for lifts inside of trailers.

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much clear garage inside height do you need for a typical 4-post lift?

I believe 9ft.8 inches.Or there abouts. This will allow two sports cars.One on the top and one on the bottom. It would be very tight.

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys......I'm looking into the Mohawk two post lift for 10,000 pounds.....

Let me know if you really are interested in the Mohawk. I live in Maryland also. I would be happy to show you my lift.

Reaction score
I have a Mohawk System I. It will handle your truck and your Viper very well. I did a lot of research on lifts. Mohawk is the Rolls Royce.

Mohawk is the only other lift I could find that wa manufactured and built in the USA. :2tu:

BendPak is made in So., CA which is still part of the US. :usa:

They are great lifts and we would have bought one except they have discontinued their sissor pad lift that we were looking to buy.

Also a note on the Bend-Pak lift I posted above. The smallest car that I have had on it is a Jeep Wrangler TJ which is smaller than a viper.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much clear garage inside height do you need for a typical 4-post lift?

dave, When I had a 4-post lift in my shop I had 12 foot high clearance. Taking into account the space needed for an overhead door to open that gave me just enough room with the lift at it's uppermost position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456