Lighter and quicker than the current outgoing ACR

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the the changes in the frame and and cross brace, added horsepower, Lighter weight, improved aero, revised gearing, better cooling characteristics and a new suspension should make this car a monster on the track. A shedded SRT version would shave at least 5 to 7 seconds from an ACR i bet.

Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting since no performance data has been issued whatsoever.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard this rumer on another non-viper forum. Its definitely possible given the specs but it's speculation so far.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard with just the track pack option this car is quicker than the outgoing ACR..

If that is true, I would have to think the SRT will sell damn well and more ACRs will pop up for sale. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

2010 ACR track tour :

MotorSport Ranch (full course), Cresson, Texas 2:19.00
Willow Springs Raceway, Rosamond, Calif 1:26.00
Putnam Park, Mount Meridian, Ind. 1:12.60
No Problem Raceway, Belle Rose, La. 1:16.90
Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, Calif. 1:55.70
Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, Ill. 2:37.70
Virginia International Raceway, Alton, Va. 2:48.60
Spring Mountain (2.2 mile layout), Pahrump, Nev. 1:45.40
Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, Ohio 1:08.90
Laguna Seca Raceway, Salinas. Calif. 1:33.90
Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, Mich. 1:26.70
Top Gear USA (El Toro), Irvine, Calif. 1:22.00
Miller Motorsport Park (perimeter), Tooele, Utah 1:59.99
Monticello Motor Club, Monticello, N.Y. 2:26.37
Sebring Full Course, Sebring, Fla. 2:19.47
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, N.J. 1:28.08
Texas World Speedway, College Station, Texas 1:47.56
Nürburgring Nordschleife, Nürburg, Germany 7:12.13
Grattan Raceway, Belding, Mich. 1:22.70
Daytona Raceway, Daytona, Fl. 1:54.05

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the the changes in the frame and and cross brace, added horsepower, Lighter weight, improved aero, revised gearing, better cooling characteristics and a new suspension should make this car a monster on the track. A shedded SRT version would shave at least 5 to 7 seconds from an ACR i bet.

Bruce

5 to 7 seconds where? Are you referring to Nurburgring?
It's going to run the time an ACR-X ran there you're saying.
I think not.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes at the ring. It will not run the X times but i would guess somewhere in the middle. This is just my opinion, but the car has made a lot of improvements over the past GEN that should dhave off some time.

Bruce

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is true, I would have to think the SRT will sell damn well and more ACRs will pop up for sale. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

2010 ACR track tour :

MotorSport Ranch (full course), Cresson, Texas 2:19.00
Willow Springs Raceway, Rosamond, Calif 1:26.00
Putnam Park, Mount Meridian, Ind. 1:12.60
No Problem Raceway, Belle Rose, La. 1:16.90
Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, Calif. 1:55.70
Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, Ill. 2:37.70
Virginia International Raceway, Alton, Va. 2:48.60
Spring Mountain (2.2 mile layout), Pahrump, Nev. 1:45.40
Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, Ohio 1:08.90
Laguna Seca Raceway, Salinas. Calif. 1:33.90
Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, Mich. 1:26.70
Top Gear USA (El Toro), Irvine, Calif. 1:22.00
Miller Motorsport Park (perimeter), Tooele, Utah 1:59.99
Monticello Motor Club, Monticello, N.Y. 2:26.37
Sebring Full Course, Sebring, Fla. 2:19.47
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, N.J. 1:28.08
Texas World Speedway, College Station, Texas 1:47.56
Nürburgring Nordschleife, Nürburg, Germany 7:12.13
Grattan Raceway, Belding, Mich. 1:22.70
Daytona Raceway, Daytona, Fl. 1:54.05

Those are some mighty big shoes to fill. If it is gen iv ACR fast that would be incredible. That would mean the upcoming ACR will be ACR-X fast or faster. One can only hope.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ACR looks so much better..... jmop for a couple seconds which i highly doubt, keep your ACR's guys.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen IV ACR has exceptional down force stats. The new car, regardless of whether it is SRT or GTS does not have those stats. So how could the new car, even with its improvements, be quicker on a road course? There is no doubt in my mind that the eventual Gen V ACR will be quicker but it will have a similar type of front splitter and rear wing based on the drawing we saw at the December 2011 local VCA meeting.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the ACR will be tough to beat for the track pack equipped GTS, but with the revised gearing/final drive ratio the new Vipers will be a little bit faster. Drop the ACR to 3.55 and it should be as fast as the GTS I think.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes at the ring. It will not run the X times but i would guess somewhere in the middle. This is just my opinion, but the car has made a lot of improvements over the past GEN that should dhave off some time.

Bruce

It should be faster only if it has the ACR type aero package and sticky tires.....in its current form, not even close. SRT has computer models of what the car will do (at least they did with the Gen 4)....it would be interesting to know an "estimated" Ring time from them.

Cheers,
George

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
We already have a good idea what it will do. I betcha around 7:19...just like the ZR1 with the cups on it. 1000+ lbs of downforce is hard to overcome.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1000+ lbs of downforce is hard to overcome.

Amen. When I first started driving big downforce cars I was shocked how much it helped the braking.(I hadn't thought it through), not just the cornering.

Even with the added stiffness, hp, and gearing in the Gen V, I am still quite sure the ACR will be faster. Now the Gen 5 ACR.......

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, did this come from a reliable source? That would be HUGE considering the aero/down force the ACR has. Hard to believe.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think the true comparison will be with the ZR1 and I expect the SRT track version to come in somewhere between 7:17 and 7:15. The TC won't improve lap times, and the improved HP/Wt and rigidity will be the main thing, but not enough to overcome the aero and better tires (on the ACR). The ACR will remain the King of the Ring (and the road course near you)!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Aero comes drag. The ZR1 made up lots of time by not having this drag and having higher mph in the faster sections. I believe the new Viper will be faster than the ACR guess we will wait and see. Gearing, HP, stiffness being lighter etc..etc... New compound Super Sports and the track package. It's going to get interesting. I do believe the existing ACR in RACE form will be quicker but not in street trim.

Reaction score
It is true it will be quicker and faster in the high speed stuff, but like any track or autocross the biggest place to make time is the slowest places where you spend the most overall time. The down force of the ACR definitely helps reduce that time spent in that many turns.

P.S. I hope I'm wrong though :D

With Aero comes drag. The ZR1 made up lots of time by not having this drag and having higher mph in the faster sections. I believe the new Viper will be faster than the ACR guess we will wait and see. Gearing, HP, stiffness being lighter etc..etc... New compound Super Sports and the track package. It's going to get interesting. I do believe the existing ACR in RACE form will be quicker but not in street trim.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only difference between race trim and street trim is the front splitter extension?
There are some straights on the 'Ring yes, but over 73 corners.
That's where the ZR1 lost any time it made up in the straightaways.
Can't see why the GEN 5 wouldn't do the same. Aero and tires.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2013 will win at the drag strip and the air field but we'll have to wait for the new ACR to challenge the outgoing ACR on the road course...

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The 2013 will win at the drag strip and the air field but we'll have to wait for the new ACR to challenge the outgoing ACR on the road course...

This. I get a kick how everyone thinks the new car will be magic. It will take a Gen V ACR to beat the Gen IV ACR's time around a course like the ring.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the Gen III is faster (straigth) and quicker (twisties) than a Gen II ACR?

Yes, I know, I know, apples to oranges. The Gen IV Aero is superior to the Gen II's, but just food for thought. :eater:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score