lightest tires??

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying new tires for my 06 coupe. I was wondering which stock sized tires are the lightest.
thanks!

BLK04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PS 2 are 2lbs lighter than PSS in a complete set
PS2 FRONTS 26LBS EACH
PS2 REARS 33 LBS EACH
PSS FRONTS 25 LBS EACH
PSS REARS 35 LBS EACH

OP
OP
M

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rotational mass, I have the stock run flats and was told they are quite heavy...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely 87 out of 100 Viper owners choose non-runflats over runflats. (Same for performance minded anything-else owners.)

Michelin Pilot Sports (PS2) are highly recommended by everyone that owns them.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use helium to help lower weight in the tires too.

There are also a few places that will use reverse osmosis to convert unobtainium into a gaseous state that will lower rotational mass much more efficiently than helium. Be careful though, because this will also turn your car into a hover-craft.

OP
OP
M

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward the PSS especially with the claim of 30,000 mile warranty.

According to another member stock run flats
front: 31 lb's
rear 38 lb's

From BLK04
PSS FRONTS 25 LBS EACH
PSS REARS 35 LBS EACH

6lb's lighter for each front tire
3lb's each rear

perhaps 18lb's? thanks BLK04

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon at partsrack is usually a little cheaper than direct from tirerack. If you want to buy local, I just got an email from Michelin that there is a $70 rebate/debit card on 4 of any type at certain dealers.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rotational mass, I have the stock run flats and was told they are quite heavy...

Dude your worried about rotational mass weight when you've been driving on run craps for who knows how many years? Which are the worst and heaviest tires there are. LOL

OP
OP
M

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pteam these are the tires that came with the car. I've owned this car for about two month's...............
Thanks, AZTVR.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember, the 30,000 warranty is cut in half if you have a car that does not allow you to rotate the tires. With different sizes on front and rear, the warranty drops to 15,000 miles.

Still the fact that they offer such a warranty, leads me to believe these tires will be pretty long lasting.

On another note, if I put helium in my tires, how much change do I need to do to my rear wing, to offset the lift (Yuck Yuck Yuck)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh man, i never thought about the rear wing in this case with the helium. good thing mine has no rear wing. Paul, youre going to have to get that car in for some serious wind tunnel testing pronto !

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about lightest tires. If you are worried about weight go with a lighter rim. You only have a couple of decent tire choices and lightness is less of an issue and the right compound for what you are using the car for is the issue to focus on.

my 2 cents

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forget about lightest tires. If you are worried about weight go with a lighter rim. You only have a couple of decent tire choices and lightness is less of an issue and the right compound for what you are using the car for is the issue to focus on.

my 2 cents

Exactly.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang