limp mode???

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2008 vert went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. I plugged it into my computer and the code was P210e.. Anyone know what that means? The car goes to the dealer tomorrow and I would love to have some prior knowledge before it goes in. Also, like an idiot, I accidentally cleared the code with my computer. Will that be a problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this:
P210E
Powertrain - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "C"/"F" Voltage Correlation.

Let us know what the dealer says.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, I FINALLY found code P210E on the 2009 Service Manual CD (personally, I think the 2008 CD is poorly laid out)...just as EZ 2b says...BUT...the diagnostics are complex for this "P210E-Throttle Position Sensor 1/2 Correlation-Bank 2".

"...One trip fault and the code will set within 5 seconds. ETC light will flash."

"Possible Causes:

Excessive Resistance in the (K928) TP 2 Signal 1 Circuit.

Excessive Resistance in the (K929) TP 2 Signal 2 Circuit.

Excessive Resistance in the (K921) TP 2 Sensor Ground Circuit.

Excessive Resistance in the (F856) 5-Volt Supply Circuit.

Throttle Body.

Powertrain Control Module (PCM)."

I realize that this may be useless now, but, it does give you SOME notion as what they may say at the dealer.

I am a firm believer that these "limp modes" do correlate to color batches within a given year.
Just for YOUR peace of mind, the 2008 CD says same thing :)

Good luck, and please let us know outcome.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a drag :confused: Sorry to hear it Paul

Just curious, what is the build date on your car and how many miles do you have?

OP
OP
P

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!! I will be printing this thread out and taking it with me to the dealer. I know they are the certified viper techs but it will make me feel better while it is in the shop that I gave them all the info I could. I hate the car being away from me.

I don't know the build date but the car is my DD and I just hit 18k miles.

Anyone think it will be an issue that I accidentally cleared the code?

OP
OP
P

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to take my chances and see if they can do anything without the light on. Hopefully I can get an answer before tomorrow morning, should I have the car flat-bedded there? Since I accidentally deleted the code the car is now out of limp mode. I'm thinking I shouldn't take any chances and just tow it there. Any suggestions????

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would visit the dealership and speak with the Viper Tech to see what he thinks before doing anything. He may or may not want you to drive it in an attempt to set check engine light and the code.