Lining Up Side/Rear Emblems & Badges on Reinstall!

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys ...

Just got a set of all black emblems/badges in. What did you guys use to realign?

I'm thinking painters tape along the top & bottom along with a small piece on the "V" at the forward slant.

Any other tips & tricks for placements?

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On one of the sunday car shows they showed using 2 or 3" painters tape on the top of the emblem (with the protective backing still applied) with 1/2 of the tape on the emblem and then half of the tape on the body panel of the car to make sure it is aligned correctly. then simply flip the emblem up with the tape acting as your hinge - remove the backing and gently flip it down.

I wish I knew this trick when putting the emblems back on my Saab = no matter how much tape I put to make the line straight it is not as straight as if I had followed the procedure above.

OP
OP
X

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, painters tape works great.

Thanks!

On one of the sunday car shows they showed using 2 or 3" painters tape on the top of the emblem (with the protective backing still applied) with 1/2 of the tape on the emblem and then half of the tape on the body panel of the car to make sure it is aligned correctly. then simply flip the emblem up with the tape acting as your hinge - remove the backing and gently flip it down.

I wish I knew this trick when putting the emblems back on my Saab = no matter how much tape I put to make the line straight it is not as straight as if I had followed the procedure above.

That sounds like an excellent trick JPU! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, painters tape worked well for me when I replaced my rear emblems.

Good to hear unreel! Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang