List of Parts for Clutch Install

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I am going to replace the clutch with a stock unit. I've searched around and not seen a comprehensive list of parts needed. Is there anyone that has an install guide and parts list?

I think I have everything covered, but just checking.

- Clutch/PP - New LUK setup, and I've heard about the alignment tool woes, so I'll pay attention to that.
- FW - inspect, and if okay scuff up with steel wool. If not, replace with Fidanza
- FW bolts - I'm assuming these should be replaced if the FW is replaced
-PP bolts - do these need to be replaced?
-Locktite for rotating assembly bolts
-Clutch fluid - I've seen Motul RBF600 thrown out there. But the car won't be tracked, and the stock reservoir states dot3, so what are people's thoughts?
MGW Shifter - since I'll have the tranny down
TOB & Slave

Are there ANY other little things that I'm missing?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A DA sander with 400 grit works great on the flywheel. Be sure and cover the pilot bearing to keep the dust out.

And if you are doing the ebay Luk kit you will need to get the dealer pilot bearing and the correct alignment tool. Still can't beat the ebay price regardless of those 2 items.

OP
OP
B

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I planned on using the Motul anyway b/c of the potential high temps that it could see, just curious. And there's sometimes concerns about mixing the 3 & 4, so didn't want to cause any problems. I'm not doing a full flush, just an empty the reservior, refill, and pump clutch pedal to circulate the fluid a couple times to get it clear again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang