lite weight lug nuts

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a set of lite weight lug nuts off of Ebay. They were around $26 for 24. All 24 weigh about as much as 4 OEM lug nuts. They are made of aluminum. Has anyone used these before? How about on the track (road course)?

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I have these for autocrossing and so far so good. I don't think for $30 though I'm going to trust them at the track. I keep re torquing them and they seem to be staying tight I just wonder how many times you can take them on and off before they start to stretch the threads. :dunno:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have these for autocrossing and so far so good. I don't think for $30 though I'm going to trust them at the track. I keep re torquing them and they seem to be staying tight I just wonder how many times you can take them on and off before they start to stretch the threads. :dunno:

Just ran them @ Sebring and they didn't back off any.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a set of lite weight lug nuts off of Ebay. They were around $26 for 24. All 24 weigh about as much as 4 OEM lug nuts. They are made of aluminum. Has anyone used these before? How about on the track (road course)?

I use them on the E.T lugs on my SS. No problems with them backing off.

*** Be very careful using an impact on them.***

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The links don't show nuts in our size though. Vipers use 1/2-20.

Good catch, I didn't notice that. I'm going to call the Tire Rack to see if they have anything comparable for our cars. To be honest I'm pretty leary about those lug nuts you got. I'm sure they'd be fine for Drag Racing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte