Local Alignment Performance Shop in VA.... PTuning

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a great performance shop I found in Manassas, VA., P Tuning. It is a little far for us MD folks but they have a ground level alignment rack that can do lowered cars. I know a few of us out there have lowered our cars and need something specific in order to get on a rack. They spent a few hours aligning the car perfectly on all four corners and it was SUPER affordable! I took a tour of the shop and saw their enclosed Dyno and they also are equipped with a tire mounting machine that is specific for larger wheels ( I was told they mount FOW clients larger/boutique wheels ). Cool thing is while I was waiting I played Playstation and watched part of a movie in their lounge area, there is also a snack/soda machine, really cool set up. Not to mention everyone there knows their stuff. If you decide to contact them ask for Mike, he was a huge help. www.ptuning.com (not affiliated in anyway)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to know Mark...I'll be using them when I get my new wheels/tires to make sure the alignment is okay.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that worked out, I was getting on here to ask for recommendations on an alignment in NoVA. My car leans a little to the left. I'll call Mike today, thanks!

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some high quality professional bikini car wash style pics for you to enjoy..... last one is of the cool tire mounting machine they use....

You must be registered for see images attach

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were your before and after alignment specs? I called and made an apointment and asked for Mike but the guy on the phone was pretty insistant he could help me so we'll see.

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were your before and after alignment specs? I called and made an apointment and asked for Mike but the guy on the phone was pretty insistant he could help me so we'll see.

Everyone there is super friendly and patient, knowing car enthusiast can be a bit anal at times, so I wouldn't worry about that. There are two younger guys who work the front and they both were able to get questions answered and kept it a very smooth experience. Haven't actually met Mike but we have exchanged a handful of emails, he is usually not around when I go in, Friday or Saturday. PM me and I'll send over his email contact.

Alignment guy came out and we set it up close to stock for tire wear purposes but also a little more aggressive on the camber side so I wouldn't rub as much. When these cars are off all hell can break loose but when they are set up right it's a totally different car.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm very anal about my alignments. I once took my 66 Mustang in just for a toe adjustment after swaping front tire size on a perfectly setup performance alignment. The guy, Leo, took my car from -3 camber to stock which was like -.5 left and 0 right and removed all my positive caster to account for road crown. Later that day I took off for a 4k mile road trip and the car followed every rut and was scarey to drive, I was not happy.

Yours sounds like specs I'm aiming for. Neg camber for cornering and conservative toe for steering. I appreciate the recommendation, couldn't have come at a better time.