Local H.S. chooses Vipers as mascot

Phil Lee 94 red RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club will have to get together with this school.:headbang:

VHS Selects 'Vipers' as Mascot.The future Vandegrift High School students overwhelmingly selected the “Vipers” as the new school mascot. Of the 408 student votes cast during registration, “Vipers” received 50% of the vote. The “Vikings” was a distant second with 96 votes. The “Grizzlies” and “Patriots” split the remaining votes. It is very encouraging and positive to have the students so unified in their support of the new mascot.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You definitely would have to have a photoshoot at this school~! Then give the kids some rides! ~juli

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sssssnakesss ALIVE, Phil, thisss isss a HISStoric moment. You should ssslither on down there and offer to take a Prom or Homecoming Queen for a ride....(unless her name is Carrie.)

ps, shouldnt you be from PA? As in Philly, PA ?

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a traveling baseball team---"vipers". Still have the shirt--I was sponsor and coach, loved it! 16-18 year olds.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats awesome..... the initials of the school are "VHS" how many of the students do you think get the connection to VHS tapes???

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my car to a High School sporting event once. Heared several kids say they were going to get that logo off the hood later. Needless to say I try to stay clear of High Schools now.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had a traveling baseball team---"vipers". Still have the shirt--I was sponsor and coach, loved it! 16-18 year olds.

Vancouver WA has a Girls Softball team, VANCOUVER VIPERS....... 15 teen girls. I just sent em 15 x 1/36 Viper Models, and they want to do a team photo very soon.

We plan to have them clamber in/out/over Doris' RT and one of my Coupes. CHAD would probably be in heaven, but the very thought makes my hair even MORE grey!

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if you organize some Viper club activity there, let me know

viperman303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did this three times for neices in NC...homecoming etc. Parade in town on each occasion and onto the field at nite. Thrill for everyone; driver, riders and spectators. No other Vipers around for miles and miles. First year queen had to ride in "the other sports car". (Neice not queen that year) They ask nicely to let queen in Viper; I politely refused. Next year the other neice was the queen.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of insensitive to use an innocent creature like a Viper to represent a team sport which is associated with beating opponents in physical often times brutal competitions. Why couldn't they name themselves something less offensive like, "The Redskins"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi