Locking gas cap???

D

dano

Howdy!

I have contacted 3 Dodge dealerships who told me there is no such thing???

Need a locking gas cap for '97 GTS (not the outer hinged cover but the inside screw off cap).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Specially designed to fit on the GTS and RT-10 Vipers.
Price: $34.95"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Is there ANYTHING SnakeOyl doesn't Viper tax the he!! out of???? Good grief. Go to Advance Auto, Napa, Pep Boys, etc. get the same cap and use the $20 you save for 6 gallons of gas. I wonder if SnakeOyl also sells "specially designed" 93 octane gasoline for Vipers to gas stations at $25.00/gallon? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine at Autozone for a 96GTS. Was only a $5-$10. I did have a problem though. The first one that was "made for the Viper" didn't have a long enough thread so it wouldn't click. Took it back and got one with a longer thread, worked but stuck out too far for the hinges, so i just grinded down the top triangle part on the pic up above til it latched easily.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would someone need a locking cap for a Viper? They seem inconvenient, and the Viper is never out of my sight such that someone could steal gas.

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would someone need a locking cap for a Viper? They seem inconvenient, and the Viper is never out of my sight such that someone could steal gas.

Thats what I was thinking. Even if it was out of your sight it would take some large ones to steal gas out of a viper.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I used a locking gas cap because I was worried about someone pouring something into the gas, not stealing it.

OP
OP
D

dano

Thats what I was thinking. Even if it was out of your sight it would take some large ones to steal gas out of a viper.

I'm not worried about gas stealing but someone ******* (or worse) down the shoot. I am shipping the car (thanks for the Gary Almond referral) and will have it in a upscale hotel valet garage (I work and will be living at the location) for a few weeks. The valet dudes will keep close watch on the car but ya never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang