Look at this Intake Manifold

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see the car with the hood on. Looks like the hood has to modded in order to accomodate that beast.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty awesome that he took the time and made the effort to mod the engine like that. Wonder what the Dyno charts show?

I didn't realize so much thought went into the throttle body angles etc. when it comes to air fuel ratios for each cylinders.

I would love to see the instrumentation used to monitor the individual cylinder air fuel ratios

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy seems to be so knowledgeable but, you know the old saying (there's a fine line between genius & well you know)! Rob, I just noticed the pointy center caps DAMN (you can put them with that walking lawnmower handle on the back)! jmo

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either I am a noob, or his logic is flawed. He says that the OEM throttle body angle "starves" cylinders 7/8. If they are starving, then they are receiving less air, and thus the end results is a rich condition.

What he means, is that cylinders 7/8 receive "excess" air, and thus lean out. Right? Someone please tell me I am very wrong and that I should go back and hide under a rock.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the guy thinks the wing is a replacement to his usual stroller (note handicapped plate)* :dunno:

On a serious note, I would only expect such a high wing if the Viper would be in Japan because they are known to install creations like this over there.

*disclaimer: not meant to make fun of his condition

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice all the garbage on that car? It shouldn't be "Douglas Engineering" it should be "Douglas Ricing". It is just a cluster F#$% of crap slapped onto a car to make it "custom" so it can win car shows.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also don't get his explaination of the thottle bodies. Less air to 7 and 8 means richer condition. I think the TB's were angled to clear the GEN3 and 4 hood.
I also don't understand why this would even apply to his Frankenstein intake. Additionally, what was he on when he decided to convert a supposedly Lemans coupe into and RT/10? And before putting on that intake mess, why didn't he put in a colder thermostate to begin with? And finally, what's a 2001 and a half Viper? Because it looks like a Viper and a half.

*disclaimer: Completely meant to make fun of his condition

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, did anyone pick up on when he said it started out as a "fast-back"? So, this guy converted a GTS to an RT, even if it was a wreck, why not start out with a wrecked RT...probably cheaper.

He may be an engineer, but not a Viper guy...that wing, way too uhhhh, sorry, can't think of the correct word! And those pointed center caps, maybe he needs to clean his glasses, he thought he was working on a 1949 chopped Merc coupe or something....color is right for it!

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh well, each to his own.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing on the intake plenum volume...he is correct to try and increase the plenum volume but his approach is pretty ghetto. For a 8 ltr motor, the intake plenum volume should be over 10 ltrs. For you couch potatos, that's equivalent to 2.5 two-liter soda bottles on each side. Just saying. With my modified ROE manifold, I'm at 5 ltrs plenum volume.

Last edited:

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Vipair setup. So you know this thing makes crazy HP. Even with all 4 air cleaners pulling HOT air from behind the radiator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang