Look who stopped by for some fishin'

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a phone call from another Wstrn Cda VCA member this afternoon. Don Campbell was driving by, stopped at one of our Resort/Hotels and wearing his VCA shirt was informed that he'd stopped in MY town, lol. He called and came over for a visit. Dinner at the "Dean on Nimpo" was great tonight. Suggested he take a flightseeing tour of the area, Hunlen Falls (3rd highest in the world) and fly over some of the 800 lakes and 2 glaciers we have here.

Don has one of his newly designed shirts (from the email craig sent everyone and it looks great! I'd suggest eveyone order a couple.

Don had the "HILL" experience today. Steepest, longest highway in North America. 1.5 lanes wide in many places. Bella Coola Hill has video and books written about it. Don said that he didn't see the Motohome pieces of Cop Car over the edge of the cliff though.

So tomorrow Don and I will have to go do some trout fishing in my front yard.

It's a small world.

Ted

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing! The things I learn just by reading the VCA forums! Thanks, Ted. I'm enjoying the photos of Bella Coola on the internet.

Bob

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, the Hill is unique and some women cry all the way down or up the Hill. On woman (from Edm) got to the Hill and refused to drive up again. I think that for a large motorhom the Ferry is about $1,000(?) so they flew a floatplane to Anahim Lake and paid a Bella Coola local a few hundred bucks to drive their motorhome up the Hill to our airport at Anahim.

In the winter the sunshine never touches the floor of the Valley. In the summer the sunshine does shine on the valley floor, but not on the North face of the southern mountains! Bella Coola is a Valley 1 mile wide and 50 miles long. It reminds me of Peru.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang