Looked At 2008 Z06 - What a Suprise

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to drop someone off at Bill Heard Chevrolet in Tempe AZ. I have owned four Corvettes in the past before buying 2 Vipers. I paid 48k including tax for a new Z06 when they came out. They now have a 82k sticker on the window. How does Chevrolet justify raising the price over 30k on the z06? I only paid 72.5 for my new 06 Viper coupe and that was a great deal. Someone must be paying these review magazines a lot of money to sell a Mass produced Corvette at 82k.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
That is ridiculous. I'm sure it will sit there for a while before they realize it's not worth so much.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this is one way to ease into the 100K+ 2009 Corvette SS pricetag... raise it $30K now and another $20K in 2009 as opposed to a lumpsum $50K in 2009...

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy Zs all day now that they are plentiful for low 70s--have seen some stripped ones for high 60s, and it is a lot of car for that price with many creature comforts that are controversial with true hot rod fans. The biggest mistake Chevy makes (and I have had several Vettes) is not physically distinguishing the Zs more from the stock Vettes.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a buddy of mine just got his c6 zo6. i have to admit, its nice. the one thing i did like is the rear window is like the old stingray. are the regular vette's rear window like that?