Looking at trying / buying a Viper........

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I need another car..... I just sold my latest "fun"car and am looking to replace it with a viper. Never had one, never really ever looked at them in the past. for some reason I just have to get one now.

Im looking at a few vipers on Ebay and here in the classifieds tying to get a feeling for cost, options and just what is available out in the market.

I ran across a couple "VOI 10" cars for sale on Ebay, ( noticed someone on here picked one of these up for around $69G lately as well) nice buy.

What is this car? it says limited edition?

Is there other good places to look for good deals on used or slightly used Vipers? I live in Canada in order to export a US car into Canada it need to be "used" a 09 that has been registered already would work.

Thanks much, looking forward to getting lost of info here on the forums and hopefully joining the club.

MB

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Limited Edition" vipers are typically just specific color combos and accents with a plaque stating the number out of the number produced.

In my case, I have a 2005 Copperhead. The special edition is because only 300 of this color were produced in 2005. It has orange stiching in the interior and came with sidewinder rims.

There are many groups of special edition cars. Generally, it doesn't add much to the value of the car unless it is a particularly sought after color combo, like the 96s Blue / White stripes.

You should check the used cars of the website sponsors. Each one of these sponsors have a dedication to the Viper cars, and show it by having a presence here. Everyone of them would be more that happy to help you I'm sure.

Also, there's a Viper guide book avail I think this is the one folks like: Viper Buyers Guide Though I'm sure you can find a better price than Amazon, I'd check with PartsRack from the sponsors section.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The "Limited Edition" vipers are typically just specific color combos and accents with a plaque stating the number out of the number produced.

In my case, I have a 2005 Copperhead. The special edition is because only 300 of this color were produced in 2005. It has orange stiching in the interior and came with sidewinder rims.

There are many groups of special edition cars. Generally, it doesn't add much to the value of the car unless it is a particularly sought after color combo, like the 96s Blue / White stripes.

You should check the used cars of the website sponsors. Each one of these sponsors have a dedication to the Viper cars, and show it by having a presence here. Everyone of them would be more that happy to help you I'm sure.

Also, there's a Viper guide book avail I think this is the one folks like: Viper Buyers Guide Though I'm sure you can find a better price than Amazon, I'd check with PartsRack from the sponsors section.

Thanks for the heads up on the "limited Editions". Im a big fan of supporting forum sponsors as I sponsor any with our business as well, I will check out the sponsor sections tomorrow for cars they have listed.

I just found this one on Ebay

Dodge : Viper on eBay.ca (item 370307255617 end time 05-Jan-10 13:09:22 EST)

Would someone let me know if the wing and front spoilers are after market? if so is this considered a "no no" with Viper guys?

Thanks MB

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Aero Package is a factory option, not many people get that option I believe. It's not as much real downforce as a full out ACR, but it is functional & not completely poser :)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the "limited Editions". Im a big fan of supporting forum sponsors as I sponsor any with our business as well, I will check out the sponsor sections tomorrow for cars they have listed.

I just found this one on Ebay

Dodge : Viper on eBay.ca (item 370307255617 end time 05-Jan-10 13:09:22 EST)

Would someone let me know if the wing and front spoilers are after market? if so is this considered a "no no" with Viper guys?

Thanks MB

There was a factory aero package available on the '09, however the splitter, canards and wing on that Viper are NOT factory. It would appear that they are adding a premium to the market price of a slightly used 2009 coupe for their non-factory "ACR" package. The OE aero package also does not include canards. So this is a bit of a "wannabe ACR" abortion (IMO).

V

Venomiss

VOI 10 cars. They are different from the limited edition Viper because there were far fewer of them made.
77 of the VOI 10 Viper were made. Only one being an ACR that was raffled off here by the VCA.
Since you are in Canada contact some of Viper owners close to you. There are three region in Canada all with website/contact information. Here are the links:

Viper Club of Ontario

VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA QUEBEC, Home of fastest cars on earth

Western Canada Viper Club - Home

Page two in this link tells what the VOI cars had on them
http://forums.viperclub.org/voi-10-d...ion-viper.html

Lastly here is a really good thread for new buyers:
http://forums.viperclub.org/dealer-v...me-buyers.html

Take your time and read all the pages of threads.
Good luck in your search.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good catch, went back and looked at the detail pics... Looks like AR Racing stickers on the wing/splitter.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Yes, do get the Viper Buyers Guide. Great book and will bring you up to speed very quickly on Vipers. Do note though the book only covers till about 2005 or so. You VOI10 car will not be included.

Best of luck!

Robert

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooh. Venomis has the connections. Did not know you were in Canada! What "state" are you in? ;)

That being the case, welcome from our side of the line! :D

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Aero Package is a factory option, not many people get that option I believe. It's not as much real downforce as a full out ACR, but it is functional & not completely poser :)

There was a factory aero package available on the '09, however the splitter, canards and wing on that Viper are NOT factory. It would appear that they are adding a premium to the market price of a slightly used 2009 coupe for their non-factory "ACR" package. The OE aero package also does not include canards. So this is a bit of a "wannabe ACR" abortion (IMO).

Thanks , I wondered if this was factory or not. Love the ACR but dont know if I want to spend that much $$

MB

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VOI 10 cars. They are different from the limited edition Viper because there were far fewer of them made.
77 of the VOI 10 Viper were made. Only one being an ACR that was raffled off here by the VCA.
Since you are in Canada contact some of Viper owners close to you. There are three region in Canada all with website/contact information. Here are the links:

Viper Club of Ontario

VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA QUEBEC, Home of fastest cars on earth

Western Canada Viper Club - Home

Page two in this link tells what the VOI cars had on them
http://forums.viperclub.org/voi-10-d...ion-viper.html

Lastly here is a really good thread for new buyers:
http://forums.viperclub.org/dealer-v...me-buyers.html

Take your time and read all the pages of threads.
Good luck in your search.

Looks like I have some good reading for the next day or two, thanks for the links.

MB

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good catch, went back and looked at the detail pics... Looks like AR Racing stickers on the wing/splitter.

Yep. It's not all that bad a "look", but I'd have my doubts as to the wind pressure testing that went into this setup. At speed, a slightly improper adjustment can be disastrous.

The factory aero package was/is extensively tested.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Yes, do get the Viper Buyers Guide. Great book and will bring you up to speed very quickly on Vipers. Do note though the book only covers till about 2005 or so. You VOI10 car will not be included.

Best of luck!

Robert

Hey Robert. The guide sounds cool but I am only really interested in 08 or 09 cars so the guide might not be so helpful. Thanks for pointing this out.

Im in Ontario as well. Huntsville to be exact, you?

MB